Emerging Money Daily Audio August 16 – While politics in the US continue to incite social tension, markets find themselves more dependent on (hopefully) independent central banks for their fate than the (hollow?) promises of Washington on the policy front.
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call July 28 – Yesterday’s vol spike reminds us of June 9 which doesn’t mean it should be treated as innocuous if the assumption is that markets will just shrug this off as noise.
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call – As the Fed concludes it’s two day meeting with little expectation of a rate hike, markets are looking past and potential for the Fed or other Central Banks to end the liquidity party.
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call July 7 – June payrolls in the US rose more than expected and despite the absence of wage pressure the Fed is still very much on the front foot.
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call June 26 – Headlines from the Supreme Court on church and state, and the travel ban do not calm the anxieties of a country that voted for less government but is getting more.
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call June 16 – Amazon’s deal for Whole Foods brings attention back to sector specific tactical investing.
Global growth downshifted this week mildly but clearly the trend remains constructive despite this morning’s anemic US payroll data.
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call – May 30 – After the long holiday weekend markets are sluggish in the face of macro data that challenges growth assumptions yet does not derail the concept of better second quarter GDP both in the US and around the world.
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call May 12 – On the call we recap a week of political volatility which does not bleed into global markets.
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call May 11 – PPI (Inflation) numbers in the US today challenge those who say reflation is dead. Meanwhile we run through core commodities prices and speculate about industrial metal trades.
- Make China greenerSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-20
- Beijing court bans production of air-polluting companySource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-20
- Xi congratulates scientists on expedition to the Qinghai-Tibet PlateauSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-20
- Administration for tiger and leopard national park inauguratedSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-20
- Nation’s first internet court up and runningSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-20
- Five killed in north China house fireSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-19
- China launches first Internet court in e-commerce hubSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-19
- Two officials under investigation following fatal coal mine landslideSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-19
- Heavy rain kills 10 in GuangxiSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-18
- Xi calls on HK youths to serve HK, countrySource: Xi calls on HK youths to serve HK, countryPublished on 2017-06-30
- Make China greener