Emerging Money Daily Audio Call December 7 – On today’s call we try to recap the extraordinary moves in multiple asset classes in the last three days off the ECB meeting, OPEC meeting, and the terrorist tragedy in California.
At Emerging Money we have written significantly on Turkey and discussed the challenges of their macro struggles. In short, we have guided investors towards a view that Turkey is not broken but will be noisy on politics and that the investment time horizon will be over the next 12 months, not 12 weeks.
As a witty Twitter follower hit me after I poked fun of the late call: “..and in other news the S&P picks Seahawks for the Superbowl”.
What was recently their secret weapon to outperforming the S&P on EPS is now a headwind but is it a hurricane?
The Emerging Money EM FX Basket (EMFXB) is a GDP weighted index comprised of the eight most volatile primary currencies in EM.
In Turkey today, the CBT announced in the middle of the morning session that they would conduct an emergency meeting tomorrow which has in turn sparked a (short covering?) rally in the currency.
DXY index is off -85bps in afternoon trading, but that doesn’t mean the USD strength devastation is not being felt across the world.
- University fee talks continue‚ says NzimandeSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-08-31
- Iconic Ndebele artist Esther Mahlangu teams up with John Legend in war on AidsSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-08-31
- AbaThembu support prince as future monarchSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-08-31
- Selena Gomez suffering from ‘depression and anxiety’Source: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-08-31
- More scientific approach needed to appoint a new public protectorSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-08-31
- Your first trade for Wednesday, August 31Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-08-31
- China’s Charity Law to take effect ThursdaySource: China.orgPublished on 2016-08-31
- Hangzhou expects a massive G20 exodusSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-08-31
- Scooters banned from roads in Beijing, ShanghaiSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-08-31
- Ministry: Poor students getting better nutritionSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-08-31
- Designer explains his glass ‘bridge of love’Source: China.orgPublished on 2016-08-31
- Gaokao is gaining respect in the WestSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-08-31
- Foreigners to gain easier access to court verdictsSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-08-30
- Xi demands solid efforts to advance planned reformsSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-08-30
- Traders pick airlines as sector climbsSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-08-30
- University fee talks continue‚ says Nzimande