Emerging Money Daily Audio Call January 10 – Today’s market drivers are not new themes but are reasserting themselves as if investors are just acknowledging a new era of CBs stepping back and fiscal policy taking over.
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call September 23 On the call today we recap the Fed and try to balance what are clearly escalating concerns about Fed credibility and how markets are going to react as long as they know there remains a CB put.
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call December 7 – On today’s call we try to recap the extraordinary moves in multiple asset classes in the last three days off the ECB meeting, OPEC meeting, and the terrorist tragedy in California.
At Emerging Money we have written significantly on Turkey and discussed the challenges of their macro struggles. In short, we have guided investors towards a view that Turkey is not broken but will be noisy on politics and that the investment time horizon will be over the next 12 months, not 12 weeks.
As a witty Twitter follower hit me after I poked fun of the late call: “..and in other news the S&P picks Seahawks for the Superbowl”.
What was recently their secret weapon to outperforming the S&P on EPS is now a headwind but is it a hurricane?
The Emerging Money EM FX Basket (EMFXB) is a GDP weighted index comprised of the eight most volatile primary currencies in EM.
In Turkey today, the CBT announced in the middle of the morning session that they would conduct an emergency meeting tomorrow which has in turn sparked a (short covering?) rally in the currency.
DXY index is off -85bps in afternoon trading, but that doesn’t mean the USD strength devastation is not being felt across the world.
- Chinese power plant becomes world’s largest fossil fuel power plantSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-02-28
- China removes age deadline for primary school entranceSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-02-28
- Officials in Lijiang suspended over Weibo postsSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-02-28
- Watchers from home, abroad flock to spot new bird speciesSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-02-28
- Court corrects dozens of wrongful convictionsSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-02-28
- Incentives for second child consideredSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-02-28
- Number of SATs held outside US to be cutSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-02-28
- Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei region to build one-hour commuting circleSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-02-27
- Xi urges urban planning, preparation for the Winter OlympicsSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-02-27
- Trading health care as industry CEOs meet with TrumpSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-02-27
- CPC punishes officials for poor leadershipSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-02-27
- Final Trade: MOS, FL & moreSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-02-27
- Bitcoin bug calls out Peter Schiff’s gold infatuationSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-02-27
- Today’s Bitcoin could be ‘tomorrow’s Beanie Babies’: SchiffSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-02-27
- Are stocks cheap?Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-02-27
- Chinese power plant becomes world’s largest fossil fuel power plant