Emerging Money Daily Audio Call December 7 – On today’s call we try to recap the extraordinary moves in multiple asset classes in the last three days off the ECB meeting, OPEC meeting, and the terrorist tragedy in California.
At Emerging Money we have written significantly on Turkey and discussed the challenges of their macro struggles. In short, we have guided investors towards a view that Turkey is not broken but will be noisy on politics and that the investment time horizon will be over the next 12 months, not 12 weeks.
As a witty Twitter follower hit me after I poked fun of the late call: “..and in other news the S&P picks Seahawks for the Superbowl”.
What was recently their secret weapon to outperforming the S&P on EPS is now a headwind but is it a hurricane?
The Emerging Money EM FX Basket (EMFXB) is a GDP weighted index comprised of the eight most volatile primary currencies in EM.
In Turkey today, the CBT announced in the middle of the morning session that they would conduct an emergency meeting tomorrow which has in turn sparked a (short covering?) rally in the currency.
DXY index is off -85bps in afternoon trading, but that doesn’t mean the USD strength devastation is not being felt across the world.
- Consulate condemns passport scribblingSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-07-28
- Americans smash bar in Beijing’s famous neighborhoodSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-07-28
- Summer heat scorches S. ChinaSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-07-28
- Heat wave poses serious health threatSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-07-28
- Remembering the city that died in one nightSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-07-28
- President tells the Army to improveSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-07-28
- Visitors can test their courage on Shanghai skywalkSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-07-28
- Officers told that public can film policeSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-07-28
- Final Trade: Boston Scientific, Whole Foods, & moreSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-07-27
- Sundowns beat Zamalek to reach Caf Champions League semifinalsSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-07-27
- Ackermann hopes home fans will inspire Lions to maiden Super Rugby finalSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-07-27
- The surprising loser this earnings seasonSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-07-27
- Rate hike more likely in December: BofASource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-07-27
- Why the Fed may hike sooner than you thinkSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-07-27
- This FB bull says keep buying the stockSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-07-27
- Consulate condemns passport scribbling