Emerging Money Daily Audio Call June 29 – The focus on higher rates in Europe and the broader moves higher in global rates is the key to markets’ price action this week, no matter what anyone else will try to tell you about the impact of an overbought Tech sector, or concerns about Oil, Retail. […]
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call January 10 – Today’s market drivers are not new themes but are reasserting themselves as if investors are just acknowledging a new era of CBs stepping back and fiscal policy taking over.
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call September 23 On the call today we recap the Fed and try to balance what are clearly escalating concerns about Fed credibility and how markets are going to react as long as they know there remains a CB put.
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call December 7 – On today’s call we try to recap the extraordinary moves in multiple asset classes in the last three days off the ECB meeting, OPEC meeting, and the terrorist tragedy in California.
At Emerging Money we have written significantly on Turkey and discussed the challenges of their macro struggles. In short, we have guided investors towards a view that Turkey is not broken but will be noisy on politics and that the investment time horizon will be over the next 12 months, not 12 weeks.
As a witty Twitter follower hit me after I poked fun of the late call: “..and in other news the S&P picks Seahawks for the Superbowl”.
What was recently their secret weapon to outperforming the S&P on EPS is now a headwind but is it a hurricane?
The Emerging Money EM FX Basket (EMFXB) is a GDP weighted index comprised of the eight most volatile primary currencies in EM.
In Turkey today, the CBT announced in the middle of the morning session that they would conduct an emergency meeting tomorrow which has in turn sparked a (short covering?) rally in the currency.
- Your first trade for Friday, August 18Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-08-18
- Beijing 8th cheapest city in the world for cab fareSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-18
- Smart unmanned capsule hotel opens in ChongqingSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-18
- China moves to standardize recycling industrySource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-18
- China audit finds poverty relief funds idleSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-18
- House reconstruction begins in quake-hit XinjiangSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-18
- Air routes adjusted to protect largest radio telescopeSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-18
- Death toll rises to 8 in deadly coal mine landslideSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-18
- China warns of geological disasters in some regionSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-18
- HK Occupy Central student leaders jailedSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-18
- Fighter lands safely after catching fireSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-18
- Xi calls on HK youths to serve HK, countrySource: Xi calls on HK youths to serve HK, countryPublished on 2017-06-30
- Your first trade for Friday, August 18