On Fast Money last night Dennis Gartman, editor of the Gartman Letter explained his view on Russian Oil and Puttin.
All eyes continue on the currency as Russian equities ex-currency are flat. Clearly however, if you are a USD investor and own Ruble based assets in USD you care about the currency and if you think the Ruble is going to 60, hands off buying Lukoil (LUKOY, quote) in ADR form.
Good morning on this Friday February 21. With emerging markets lagging the U.S.’s move higher on political concerns and emerging market currencies. Tune in for a full update and my thoughts on what to watch for going into the next week.
The pain trade in the Sochi Olympics has been pulling for the Russian hockey team (who was eliminated today. As Dick Enberg would say “Oh my!”) but the pain trade in the currency markets may in fact be the Russian Ruble which today has fallen to all-time lows against the Euro and dancing near worst […]
- First 15 minutes absolutely crucial in Sundowns’ quest for African Champions League titleSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-10-23
- Urgent application to have charges against Gordhan set asideSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-10-23
- ANC says NEC cannot resign‚ must account to structures firstSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-10-23
- Charges against Gordhan damaging economy‚ say business leadersSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-10-23
- Hainan unfolds new policies to build ‘Oriental Hollywood’Source: China.orgPublished on 2016-10-23
- Beijing Police release investigation report on hotel attackSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-10-23
- 80 years on, Long March legacy inspires China in transitionSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-10-23
- More younger Chinese students study abroad: reportSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-10-22
- ‘Comfort women’ museum opens in ShanghaiSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-10-22
- First 15 minutes absolutely crucial in Sundowns’ quest for African Champions League title