While only a small sample of the last Monday emerging market equities are outperforming the SPX despite the bloodletting in commodities. Today Copper (JJC, quote) is -4% and we are seeing industrial metals tank but EM equities are holding serve.
The highly anticipated Federal Reserve meeting and statement release later this afternoon has market participants on pause with gold (GLD, quote), silver (SLV, quote) and copper (JJC, quote) futures basically flat ahead of the U.S open.
So much for China (FXI, quote) leading a plunge in copper (JJC, quote) prices as inventories tied to collateral for loans were being dumped. Industrial growth globally is near multi-year highs across Europe US and much of Asia.
A lot of macro data around the world last night into the early morning and while European data missed the mark, China delivered. China continues to deliver and the implications are positive for the commodity space. Meanwhile, the Fed may be asleep at the switch when it comes to inflationary pressures.
It’s been a busy week in Emerging Markets and the Emerging Money Team has been busying bring cutting through call the chatter to bring to you what matters. Here is a quick wrap up to prepare for next week’s trading. Have great weekend until next week. Emerging Money Team
Copper prices continue their climb higher this morning to an eight week high. Copper, sometimes referred to as Dr. Copper, is considered a benchmark by many as a barometer on the health of the global economy.
CRB (Commodity Index) at highs not seen since Oct 2012.
- China on orange alert for rainstormsSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-07-02
- Mainland urges Taiwan to explain missile misfireSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-07-02
- Central gov’t allocates funds for disaster reliefSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-07-02
- Villagers celebrate lineage of new Filipino VPSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-07-02
- 26 die in bus accident in northern ChinaSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-07-02
- NGO explores new mode of AIDS prevention educationSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-07-02
- Start your engine or hit the brakes? Traders share how they’re playing peak autoSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-07-01
- Patriotic stock picksSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-07-01
- Big bucks on July 4th foodSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-07-01
- HOG gone wildSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-07-01
- Peak auto finally here?Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-07-01
- Key levels on the S&PSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-07-01
- 5 ways to trade peak autosSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-07-01
- From Brexit and backSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-07-01
- New agricultural DG knows the landscapeSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-07-01
- China on orange alert for rainstorms