Using a chart provided by UBS and taken from data from EFPR who compiles an amazing amount of information on fund flows within the investment community and particularly insightful on EM, we want to assess where the opportunities for rotation, beating the index, and where we think investors are offsides.
Brazil is a small part of the index in Emerging Markets relative to China or other Asian giants like India (EPI, quote) or Korea (EWY, quote) but it’s clear Brazil is giving investors a reason to envisage change across the asset class.
Can India truly deliver on the promise of the best demographic and consumer growth story in the world? India is the BRIC country without any other members. India is delivering “China like” growth and has been one the best performing major EMs in the last 12 months (+36%).
Emerging Money Daily Audio Preview Call August 12 on the call we will review region by region on the site today we talk about where was your performance where we continue see underperformance whereas the fund flow
Emerging Money Audio Call Preview June 24 – on today’s call we are talking about yesterday’s PMI’s along with industrial strength and the correlation between cyclical and industrials and the PMIs. If yesterday told us the right story then investors are well under positioned in the space.
We may look back at today’s price action in India and say this was the day that initiated the pullback we have been calling far.
The recent Emerging Market rally is built off a combination of fundamental and technical factors.
India elections will start on April 7th and last into May 16th. Significant change has been priced into the SENEX (see chart below) into the event. Are investors set up disappointment?
I am starting to get a lot of questions from investors regarding the sustainability of this rally in Emerging Markets and what can be the drivers for the next leg(s) higher.
Your Ticket to Investing in Emerging Markets Smarter than the MSCI EM Index.
- Madonsela ‘worried’ about who runs SASource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2017-01-17
- Video blows away cop death ‘cover-up’Source: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2017-01-17
- Rovio in flight to London after ‘Angry Birds’ brand flopSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2017-01-17
- Meagre economic growth forecastSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2017-01-17
- Kuga recall bittersweet victory for the JimmysSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2017-01-17
- ‘No brand is above the law’Source: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2017-01-17
- Beijing to launch evaluation system for foreignersSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-01-17
- Beijing to invest US$617 million in sub-center in 2017Source: China.orgPublished on 2017-01-17
- HK, Macao deputies called on to safeguard national securitySource: China.orgPublished on 2017-01-17
- Thousands still being fooled by online fraudSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-01-17
- Provinces taking steps to eliminate povertySource: China.orgPublished on 2017-01-17
- Additives, contamination are top food concernsSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-01-17
- Xinjiang to build 9 new airports in 2017Source: China.orgPublished on 2017-01-17
- Hospital network sees medical tourist numbers increasingSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-01-17
- Drone owner investigated for filming landing planeSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-01-17
- Madonsela ‘worried’ about who runs SA