Using a chart provided by UBS and taken from data from EFPR who compiles an amazing amount of information on fund flows within the investment community and particularly insightful on EM, we want to assess where the opportunities for rotation, beating the index, and where we think investors are offsides.
Brazil is a small part of the index in Emerging Markets relative to China or other Asian giants like India (EPI, quote) or Korea (EWY, quote) but it’s clear Brazil is giving investors a reason to envisage change across the asset class.
Can India truly deliver on the promise of the best demographic and consumer growth story in the world? India is the BRIC country without any other members. India is delivering “China like” growth and has been one the best performing major EMs in the last 12 months (+36%).
Emerging Money Daily Audio Preview Call August 12 on the call we will review region by region on the site today we talk about where was your performance where we continue see underperformance whereas the fund flow
Emerging Money Audio Call Preview June 24 – on today’s call we are talking about yesterday’s PMI’s along with industrial strength and the correlation between cyclical and industrials and the PMIs. If yesterday told us the right story then investors are well under positioned in the space.
We may look back at today’s price action in India and say this was the day that initiated the pullback we have been calling far.
The recent Emerging Market rally is built off a combination of fundamental and technical factors.
India elections will start on April 7th and last into May 16th. Significant change has been priced into the SENEX (see chart below) into the event. Are investors set up disappointment?
I am starting to get a lot of questions from investors regarding the sustainability of this rally in Emerging Markets and what can be the drivers for the next leg(s) higher.
Your Ticket to Investing in Emerging Markets Smarter than the MSCI EM Index.
- ‘I thought I was going to drown’: Durban mom saved by teen heroSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-07-27
- Criselda Dudumashe pens a heartfelt letter to Gugu ZuluSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-07-27
- Dali Mpofu pokes fun at AKA’s academic historySource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-07-27
- Your first trade for Wednesday, July 27Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-07-27
- Xi calls for armed forces reformSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-07-27
- Police should accept camera monitoringSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-07-27
- China to crack down on damage to Great WallSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-07-27
- Universities to tear down walls to open campusesSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-07-27
- A red song singer rouses quake-hit LushanSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-07-27
- English high teas popular among middle-class womenSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-07-27
- Four ‘magical’ TCM solutions to beat the heatSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-07-27
- Prosecutors investigate former E. China officialSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-07-27
- Ancient drainage system protects Palace Museum from floodsSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-07-27
- South China Sea video shown at NYC Times SquareSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-07-27
- Traders weigh buying the dip in Under Armour after earningsSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-07-26
- ‘I thought I was going to drown’: Durban mom saved by teen hero