Using a chart provided by UBS and taken from data from EFPR who compiles an amazing amount of information on fund flows within the investment community and particularly insightful on EM, we want to assess where the opportunities for rotation, beating the index, and where we think investors are offsides.
Brazil is a small part of the index in Emerging Markets relative to China or other Asian giants like India (EPI, quote) or Korea (EWY, quote) but it’s clear Brazil is giving investors a reason to envisage change across the asset class.
Can India truly deliver on the promise of the best demographic and consumer growth story in the world? India is the BRIC country without any other members. India is delivering “China like” growth and has been one the best performing major EMs in the last 12 months (+36%).
Emerging Money Daily Audio Preview Call August 12 on the call we will review region by region on the site today we talk about where was your performance where we continue see underperformance whereas the fund flow
Emerging Money Audio Call Preview June 24 – on today’s call we are talking about yesterday’s PMI’s along with industrial strength and the correlation between cyclical and industrials and the PMIs. If yesterday told us the right story then investors are well under positioned in the space.
We may look back at today’s price action in India and say this was the day that initiated the pullback we have been calling far.
The recent Emerging Market rally is built off a combination of fundamental and technical factors.
India elections will start on April 7th and last into May 16th. Significant change has been priced into the SENEX (see chart below) into the event. Are investors set up disappointment?
I am starting to get a lot of questions from investors regarding the sustainability of this rally in Emerging Markets and what can be the drivers for the next leg(s) higher.
Your Ticket to Investing in Emerging Markets Smarter than the MSCI EM Index.
- WATCH: This Spike Jonez-directed perfume ad is such a joy!Source: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-08-30
- Source: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-08-30
- ANC backs Gordhan’s decision not to present himself to the HawksSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-08-30
- Let our children own their blackness, says Basetsana Kumalo on hair scandalSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-08-30
- Choosing Van Rooyen to speak on Gordhan saga ‘a terrible choice’ – MantasheSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-08-30
- Parliament committee recommends Busisiwe Mkhwebane for Public ProtectorSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-08-30
- Nadia Nakai clears the air on ALL those beef rumoursSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-08-30
- Your first trade for Tuesday, August 30Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-08-30
- What lies beneath? Analyst sees ‘under the surface’ signals giving market boostSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-08-30
- Experts review practice of anti-domestic violence law in ChinaSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-08-30
- Arrest of China’s ‘Jack the Ripper’ stuns neighborsSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-08-30
- Over 900 baby crocodiles found in southern ChinaSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-08-30
- More support for TCM consideredSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-08-30
- China introduces humane livestock slaughter rulesSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-08-30
- Top legislature reviews laws on defense transport, filmSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-08-30
- WATCH: This Spike Jonez-directed perfume ad is such a joy!