Indian equities are at all time highs, and the reverberations around PM Modi’s emphatic victory are widespread for EM.
Yandex rallied 6.6% on Thursday as Geneva Ukraine talks yield first positive political developments in weeks from the core parties.
Last night Baidu (BIDU, qoute) reported $8.40/share comp EPS for 4Q 2013 which beat the street by a small amount, but the key to the report was a 1Q outlook that gives investors reason to believe more growth is coming.
Yandex (YNDX, quote), the Google of Russia, is +4.5% today and now +9% in 3 days after the drubbing of EM and Russia saw a lot of momentum players sell stock and some directional players shorting stock.
EM vs SPX: Despite a small relief rally in emerging markets as illustrated by the EEM (EEM, quote) ETF there is no expectation the MSCI EM Index to which the EEM is pegged will outperform in the near term even if the Fed steps back from their taper temporarily.
- Your first trade for Thursday, October 19Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-10-19
- 775 mln Chinese students receive financial aid over past decadeSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-10-19
- China to standardize elderly care servicesSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-10-19
- China-made jetliner performs well in test flightSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-10-19
- 440 senior officials investigated for corruptionSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-10-19
- Private universities increasingly important in ChinaSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-10-19
- China to make new breakthrough in quantum communicationSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-10-19
- Chinese doctor saves passenger on US tripSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-10-19
- It isn’t tax reform, earnings are driving this rally: StrategistSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-10-18
- CPC creates Xi Jinping Thought on Socialism with Chinese Characteristics for a New EraSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-10-18
- Xi calls on HK youths to serve HK, countrySource: Xi calls on HK youths to serve HK, countryPublished on 2017-06-30
- Your first trade for Thursday, October 19