Emerging Money Daily Audio Call December 27 – We spend time talking about the Retail sector as we evaluate the holiday retail performance. Winners, Losers, and those who will outperform in 2017.
There are the charts that stand out to us this morning:
Copper: Today is all about oil as a combination of some producer bankruptcies, and a merger in the pas production space, a Goldman upgrade and follow through from last week’s rig count numbers drive Brent to fresh highs. So why a chart about Copper?
Rates: You better be following rates right now ( and most of the time!) to get your direction for equities. We have been in a hyper rate sensitive period with outsized moves coming effectively with no data or CB activity to support.
So much for China (FXI, quote) leading a plunge in copper (JJC, quote) prices as inventories tied to collateral for loans were being dumped. Industrial growth globally is near multi-year highs across Europe US and much of Asia.
- More flights for winter tourist season in NE China airportSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-10-21
- Foreign journalists deem nation’s progress impressiveSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-10-21
- China bags 15 golds at WorldSkills contestSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-10-21
- Xiamen promotes green delivery ahead of online shopping bonanzaSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-10-20
- 19th CPC National Congress election methods approvedSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-10-20
- WWF publishes Shanghai urban environment nature guidebookSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-10-20
- CPC national congress shows more openness, transparencySource: China.orgPublished on 2017-10-20
- Xi’s report at key CPC meeting further strengthens global confidence in ChinaSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-10-20
- China to divert more water from Yangtze River to ShandongSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-10-19
- Xi calls on HK youths to serve HK, countrySource: Xi calls on HK youths to serve HK, countryPublished on 2017-06-30
- More flights for winter tourist season in NE China airport