In South Africa the Rand (ZAR) has rallied over 4% today as headlines on the appointment of a new Finance Minister also include some detail on how the new(old) finance chief will approach defending the credit rating of the country.
Top designer Ozwald Boateng spoke exclusively to Bloomberg’s Nejra Cehic ahead of the Africa Luxury Forum. He talks about Africa becoming the next China and redefining the luxury market.
Over the weekend China’s leading smart phone manufacture, Hisense announced it will be expanding its offerings of smartphones and TVs into South Africa.
yesterday, we got fresh inflation data from the Fed, so the world wants to know, “Hey USA, do you have inflation?”
According to reports from EFPR, who collects global fund flow data, Emerging Market equities (EEM, quote) remain an allocation haven for global money seeking rotation out of overpriced and overbought developed market equities.
We have often said that General Electric (GE, quote) is one of the great global companies who rely on Emerging Markets (EEM, quote) for their growth and one of the great long term investments for your portfolio.
As we see the US emerge from the winter hibernation (Retail Sales, Industrial Production, Jobless Claims), we are also seeing signs of Emerging Markets recovery on Macro.
Emerging Market Funds, both dedicated and ETFs, have now strung together two consecutive weeks of inflows for the first time in 6 months.
Emerging Market Bloodbath in iShares MSCI Emerging Markets ETF (EEM, quote) and Vanguard FTSE Emerging Markets ETF (VWO, quote) sledded through the 200 day moving average in a way it hasn’t in a long time.
- China opposes politicization of humanitarian issuesSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-05-25
- 3 convicted for running student prostitution ringsSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-05-25
- University grades overweight students by fat lostSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-05-25
- Coral coverage declined 80% in South China SeaSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-05-25
- Wild pandas increase in SichuanSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-05-25
- Asian nations attract more Chinese studentsSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-05-25
- China’s first national nuclear rescuers readied for 2018Source: China.orgPublished on 2016-05-25
- Traders: How we’re playing social media stocksSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-05-24
- Final Trade: FireEye, CME Group, & moreSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-05-24
- Trump trouble for stocksSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-05-24
- Ombudsman helps consumers recover R184.4m from long-term insurers‚ even as unreasonable complaints climbSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-05-24
- McNamee: Snapchat more like Twitter than FacebookSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-05-24
- Bayer responds to MonsantoSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-05-24
- S&P 500 going 10% higher: YardeniSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-05-24
- Zuma hosts Palestine president‚ a month after Mandela statue went up in RamallahSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-05-24
- China opposes politicization of humanitarian issues