On a special “Brazil Political Crisis” audio blog we recap the events of the last 24 hours, and outline the market impact for investors in the short to medium term.
The Brazilian Real has rallied almost 10% in June despite Brexit and without any major turn in the macro in Brazil.
Brazil is a small part of the index in Emerging Markets relative to China or other Asian giants like India (EPI, quote) or Korea (EWY, quote) but it’s clear Brazil is giving investors a reason to envisage change across the asset class.
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call December 1 – On the call today we size up a big week for macro globally with OPEC, ECB, and US Payrolls in center stage
Price action and policy action are a concern for investors who have watched Brazil (EWZ, quote) quietly become one of the better performing EM markets in 2015. After running 26% from Feb 2 on the Ibovespa despite a currency that sold off hard into March (2.60 to 3.30) but rallied back some, you […]
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call March 17 – On the call today we give our Fed preview which means everything we say on markets before the Fed could change after 2:20 this afternoon.
Emerging Money Audio Call March 12 – On the call today we discuss a pullback in volatility as the Dollar runs out of gas but the question is for how long?
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call March 4 – On the call today we analyze the current market volatility and believe markets are responding to extreme positioning issues. What does this mean? We discuss…
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call February 25 – On the call today we discuss global markets and relative value.
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call February 24 – On the call today we discuss headlines from Greece and the Fed. Fed headlines possibly more wolf in sheep’s clothing then Greece but either way markets to all-time highs.
- Your first trade for Thursday, June 22Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-06-22
- China to upgrade submersible Jiaolong before 2019Source: China.orgPublished on 2017-06-22
- Conference in Beijing highlights gender inequalitySource: China.orgPublished on 2017-06-22
- 3 panda cubs born in Shaanxi ProvinceSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-06-22
- Premier to attend Summer Davos in DalianSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-06-22
- Boy’s death triggers controversy over safety of shared bikesSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-06-22
- HK chief pledges to serve people with pragmatismSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-06-22
- Beijing on alert for heavy rainSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-06-21
- China to compile historical data about South China SeaSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-06-21
- Your first trade for Thursday, June 22