Emerging Money Daily Audio Call August 28 – Jackson Hole came and went without much fanfare which for global equity markets is probably a good thing as the risks were slanted towards hawkish rhetoric if we were going to get any.
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call July 25 – As equity valuations continue to concern some strategists, earnings are giving investors just enough as long as the Fed and global central banks stay idle.
There are the charts that stand out to us this morning:
Copper: Today is all about oil as a combination of some producer bankruptcies, and a merger in the pas production space, a Goldman upgrade and follow through from last week’s rig count numbers drive Brent to fresh highs. So why a chart about Copper?
Markets under control despite resounding OXI from Greece yesterday. As we noted last night the price action is about testing the levels form last week and overall key levels for the indices and macro.
While only a small sample of the last Monday emerging market equities are outperforming the SPX despite the bloodletting in commodities. Today Copper (JJC, quote) is -4% and we are seeing industrial metals tank but EM equities are holding serve.
The highly anticipated Federal Reserve meeting and statement release later this afternoon has market participants on pause with gold (GLD, quote), silver (SLV, quote) and copper (JJC, quote) futures basically flat ahead of the U.S open.
So much for China (FXI, quote) leading a plunge in copper (JJC, quote) prices as inventories tied to collateral for loans were being dumped. Industrial growth globally is near multi-year highs across Europe US and much of Asia.
A lot of macro data around the world last night into the early morning and while European data missed the mark, China delivered. China continues to deliver and the implications are positive for the commodity space. Meanwhile, the Fed may be asleep at the switch when it comes to inflationary pressures.
Emerging Money Audio Call Preview June 5th – ECB, Draghi delivering impact for emerging markets (EEM, quote) for sure, the stress that was created by EU Banks pulling money out of emerging markets and lending something that I think this is some relief as a bleed through on this morning’s news and ultimately […]
- 1st China (Beijing) leisure conference heldSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-09-23
- Pianist Lang Lang is leisure conference image ambassadorSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-09-23
- Former insurance regulator chief expelled from CPC, public officeSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-09-23
- 3 killed, 27 injured as bus mounts pavement in Hong KongSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-09-23
- China steps up protection campaign ahead of World Rhino DaySource: China.orgPublished on 2017-09-23
- Exposed combustible ice found in South China SeaSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-09-22
- Your first trade for Friday, September 22Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-09-22
- Chinese professor taps online learning trendSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-09-22
- NW China province asks public to name panda cubsSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-09-22
- ‘Orange Bag’ stirs controversySource: China.orgPublished on 2017-09-22
- China’s female innovators shine in HangzhouSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-09-22
- It’s Apple’s worst month in over a year, and the charts are pointing to more trouble ahead: TechnicianSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-09-21
- Xi calls on HK youths to serve HK, countrySource: Xi calls on HK youths to serve HK, countryPublished on 2017-06-30
- 1st China (Beijing) leisure conference held