Emerging Money Daily Audio Call April 19 – Take out the old playbook? Well, it depends on which one.
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call March 21 – This morning we preview the week with quiet macro but some minefields out there for investors.
On the call toady we discuss the pullback in rates overnight and the relief for equity markets…
Emerging Market currencies are ripping today with the pullback in the USD; We offer up those most compelling currency trades…
Oil trades higher with the weaker Dollar. What are the related trades and where is the near term […]
Global interest rate concerns from last week continue but tone is better today after Friday’s relief rally and weaker US Payroll data. Thus far this AM market action shows a muted follow through however from Friday’s price action.
China’s rate cut last night was not a surprise to us but seems to be something others are […]
We are now within 5% of the critical 200 level on the CRB Index which has been a defining level historically for all that is bulky, soft, metal, and oily/gassy.
The Brazil trade continues to work with equal lifting coming from both the currency and the Ibovespa. In total return you have seen a 14% move off the lows on Dec 16th with the drivers being.
I wanted to give a quick Friday morning update on the currency/commodities markets as we head into the weekend.
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call Preview July 9 – on the call today we waited for the Fed and ECB to chiming in order to evaluate risk assets and tell you where we think today’s comments take emerging markets.
Copper has bounced small today after a -8% pullback in last three days largely due to China credit fears and the impact this will have on inventory used as collateral for loans. The other side of this story is that copper supply dynamics are also getting worse. Copper production in the 4Q was +12% y/y […]
BHP Billiton is the grand-daddy of the miners: largest, best balance sheet, and most diversified. Last night they reported earnings that beat by 12% and added a handful of goodies that investors are applauding in the stock price this AM, and may read through to the entire beleaguered sector.
- Luscious Lucious to get SA pulses racingSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-06-01
- The empire strikes back at Steve HofmeyrSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-06-01
- No more ‘Mr Nice’ axe gangSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-06-01
- Commuters stranded as service on Gautrain’s ORT line disruptedSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-06-01
- A woman’s fight against a rare lung diseaseSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-06-01
- China plans 5 new space science satellitesSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-06-01
- Stowaway, 16, hoped to get rich in DubaiSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-06-01
- Flood season starts with a bangSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-06-01
- Woman couchsurfs alone in 14 countries in a yearSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-06-01
- 2 Dead, 18 Injured in China Battery Plant BlastSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-06-01
- China supports comfort women files nomination to World MemorySource: China.orgPublished on 2016-06-01
- How traders are playing a possible crude oil dipSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-05-31
- Final Trade: Citi, Michael Kors, & moreSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-05-31
- Why crude could fall on OPEC: GartmanSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-05-31
- Can you bank on more bank gains?Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-05-31
- Luscious Lucious to get SA pulses racing