On the call toady we discuss the pullback in rates overnight and the relief for equity markets…
Emerging Market currencies are ripping today with the pullback in the USD; We offer up those most compelling currency trades…
Oil trades higher with the weaker Dollar. What are the related trades and where is the near term […]
Global interest rate concerns from last week continue but tone is better today after Friday’s relief rally and weaker US Payroll data. Thus far this AM market action shows a muted follow through however from Friday’s price action.
China’s rate cut last night was not a surprise to us but seems to be something others are […]
We are now within 5% of the critical 200 level on the CRB Index which has been a defining level historically for all that is bulky, soft, metal, and oily/gassy.
The Brazil trade continues to work with equal lifting coming from both the currency and the Ibovespa. In total return you have seen a 14% move off the lows on Dec 16th with the drivers being.
I wanted to give a quick Friday morning update on the currency/commodities markets as we head into the weekend.
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call Preview July 9 – on the call today we waited for the Fed and ECB to chiming in order to evaluate risk assets and tell you where we think today’s comments take emerging markets.
Copper has bounced small today after a -8% pullback in last three days largely due to China credit fears and the impact this will have on inventory used as collateral for loans. The other side of this story is that copper supply dynamics are also getting worse. Copper production in the 4Q was +12% y/y […]
BHP Billiton is the grand-daddy of the miners: largest, best balance sheet, and most diversified. Last night they reported earnings that beat by 12% and added a handful of goodies that investors are applauding in the stock price this AM, and may read through to the entire beleaguered sector.
- Dalai Lama’s 80th birthday celebrations politicizedSource: China.orgPublished on 2015-07-07
- Chinese artillery begins live-fire drillSource: China.orgPublished on 2015-07-07
- Judicial reform could turn lawyer into judgeSource: China.orgPublished on 2015-07-07
- 4 held over US$320,000 instant message scamSource: China.orgPublished on 2015-07-07
- 6 officials from Tongji Uni punishedSource: China.orgPublished on 2015-07-07
- Fitness time bomb ticking for Chinese childrenSource: China.orgPublished on 2015-07-07
- Navy gets anti-sub boostSource: China.orgPublished on 2015-07-07
- Long-range bomber may be in China’s plansSource: China.orgPublished on 2015-07-07
- Chinese veterans recall fierce fighting in WWIISource: China.orgPublished on 2015-07-07
- 5 trades on oil’s steep declineSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-07-06
- Your first trade for TuesdaySource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-07-06
- It’s the annual gatheringSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2015-07-06
- Exploiting ignorant customersSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2015-07-06
- The Big Read: Africans leave because their dictators don’tSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2015-07-06
- Quick, efficient and convenient, Uber is the way of the futureSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2015-07-06
- Dalai Lama’s 80th birthday celebrations politicized