Despite a rally back in the USD and the sudden recalibrated growth outlook for the world from Brexit, Commodities are picking up steam.
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call June 1 – Global markets following some key events over the next few days which include OPEC, ECB and US Payrolls.
Happy New Year?
Here are my market ramblings this morning as I look out over assets that are in free fall as China, Middle East tensions, and the reality that central banks can only do so much to take the place of organic growth and markets working through the excesses of years gone by:
With crude oil prices down nearly 50% during 2015 we’ve seen the effects of lower prices across many sectors.
Crude oil traders’ sentiment strengthen on comments from ECB President Draghi yesterday in which the ECB will be “reexamine“ monetary policy.
Crude oil gave back its gains from yesterday’s rally. Volatility has picked up once again in the oil patch as traders attempt assess whether there will be enough global demand to cut into the historical surplus that has tankers just sitting off the coast unable to unload its oil.
As U.S. market participants started a new week they found Yuan pegged to basically the same level to the U.S. Dollar as it was last week Friday.
Yet another perfect storm is setting up in the oil patch adding additional downward pressure on WTI Crude oil.
- Sansha launches maritime ecological protection fundSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-07-26
- Thousands displaced as rain batters NE. ChinaSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-07-26
- Bottled gasoline on Taiwan bus has worsened fireSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-07-26
- Ministries discuss retirement age, food securitySource: China.orgPublished on 2016-07-26
- ‘Flying objects’ restricted for G20 SummitSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-07-26
- Flood toll hits 164, another official sackedSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-07-25
- Museum’s decision to keep cats gets Weibo users purring supportSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-07-25
- Turnaround for retail? Traders weigh buying into the rallySource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-07-25
- Final Trades: Twitter, Texas Instruments, & moreSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-07-25
- Crude & stocks not as correlated as you think: GartmanSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-07-25
- Real winner of Verizon, Yahoo dealSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-07-25
- This hot group of stocks may cool offSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-07-25
- Retail’s Sleeper Rally: 10 TradesSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-07-25
- Fransman heads for court in bid to be reinstatedSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-07-25
- Democrats’ convention starts under cloudSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-07-25
- Sansha launches maritime ecological protection fund