It’s been a great run in potash related stocks and Ag overall. My basic thesis when the Russian broke the cartel in potash was that it was just a matter of time before the entire industry fought back and kept it together.
Tim tells Fast Money viewers to sell Potash (POT, quote) positions during the show’s Final Trade segment. Emerging Money readers heard the sell call first seven hours prior right here in Tim’s Potash update.
Today we are selling a core position in Potash Corporation (POT, quote) as we think the outlook for crop prices is challenged, while supply issues may also weigh on utilization levels. We are not changing our tune on the longer term thematic elements of the fertilizer sector, and we believe potash of Saskatchewan […]
Potash – $36.00 is key level but a big beat and solid guidance last week in earnings, strong support on pricing from cartel improvements, and China corn demand headlines all support our view.
We continue to favor fertilizer space on recovering demand – and the old adage, “you can delay but you can’t deny fertilizer applications.”
Potash is -4% on the open after reporting 4Q numbers that missed by a penny but more importantly were accompanied by a 2014 forecast that substantially trailed estimates.
- China organizes 19-unit standby peacekeeping forceSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-11-19
- HK starts launch of XRL joint checkpoint processSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-11-19
- Chinese students take top honors in supercomputer competitionSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-11-19
- 19 killed, 8 injured in Beijing house fireSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-11-18
- Xi calls on HK youths to serve HK, countrySource: Xi calls on HK youths to serve HK, countryPublished on 2017-06-30
- China organizes 19-unit standby peacekeeping force