It’s been a great run in potash related stocks and Ag overall. My basic thesis when the Russian broke the cartel in potash was that it was just a matter of time before the entire industry fought back and kept it together.
Tim tells Fast Money viewers to sell Potash (POT, quote) positions during the show’s Final Trade segment. Emerging Money readers heard the sell call first seven hours prior right here in Tim’s Potash update.
Today we are selling a core position in Potash Corporation (POT, quote) as we think the outlook for crop prices is challenged, while supply issues may also weigh on utilization levels. We are not changing our tune on the longer term thematic elements of the fertilizer sector, and we believe potash of Saskatchewan […]
Potash – $36.00 is key level but a big beat and solid guidance last week in earnings, strong support on pricing from cartel improvements, and China corn demand headlines all support our view.
We continue to favor fertilizer space on recovering demand – and the old adage, “you can delay but you can’t deny fertilizer applications.”
Potash is -4% on the open after reporting 4Q numbers that missed by a penny but more importantly were accompanied by a 2014 forecast that substantially trailed estimates.
- Premier Li stresses innovation-driven developmentSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-06-25
- Chinese billionaire donates 20M yuan for landslide victimsSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-06-25
- 15 found dead in SW China landslide burying 120Source: China.orgPublished on 2017-06-24
- China’s lawyers association signs MOU with Belt, Road nationsSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-06-24
- Xi stresses enhancing rocket launch, test capabilitySource: China.orgPublished on 2017-06-24
- 8 ways to trade this week’s extreme moversSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-06-23
- Premier Li stresses innovation-driven development