Brazil is a small part of the index in Emerging Markets relative to China or other Asian giants like India (EPI, quote) or Korea (EWY, quote) but it’s clear Brazil is giving investors a reason to envisage change across the asset class.
Price action and policy action are a concern for investors who have watched Brazil (EWZ, quote) quietly become one of the better performing EM markets in 2015. After running 26% from Feb 2 on the Ibovespa despite a currency that sold off hard into March (2.60 to 3.30) but rallied back some, you […]
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call February 25 – On the call today we discuss global markets and relative value.
It’s been a busy week in Emerging Markets and the Emerging Money Team has been busying bring cutting through call the chatter to bring to you what matters. Here is a quick wrap up to prepare for next week’s trading. Have great weekend until next week. Emerging Money Team
I have received many inquiries on Petrobras in the last few months as the stock scraped lows close to $10.00 ($10.25 actually) as the Ibovespa hit 45K.
As per Merrill Lynch, you would be up 48% on the spread.
The most money is made in Emerging Markets when things go from “terrible” to just “bad.”
Just when you thought Petrobras (PBR, quote) was re-emerging as an interesting investment play and not just a “trade”, there are headlines today in Fohla, a local newspaper in Brazil, that expectations of a fuel price increase may be canceled.
- China lays out plan for agricultural modernization by 2020Source: China.orgPublished on 2016-10-20
- Traders weigh chasing Microsoft rally after stock passes all-time high in late tradingSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-10-20
- Final Trade: PYPL, GOOGL & moreSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-10-20
- BuzzFeed gets $200 million from NBCSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-10-20
- Chernin: Time Warner would be attractive for AT&TSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-10-20
- Washington’s next biotech target?Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-10-20
- AMD Q4 revenue guidance disappointsSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-10-20
- PayPal partners with Visa, MastercardSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-10-20
- Analyst: Don’t see deal with AT&T/Timer WarnerSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-10-20
- AT&T & Time Warner: Deal or no deal?Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-10-20
- Microsoft surges, now what?Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-10-20
- SA can learn from countries that have faced similar challenges: RamaphosaSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-10-20
- KZN government wants Gordhan to foot R1.1 billion salary bill for headmenSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-10-20
- Trump says he’ll accept “clear” election result, reserves right to challengeSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-10-20
- State’s key witness tried to extort money from Panayiotou’s mom: defenceSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-10-20
- China lays out plan for agricultural modernization by 2020