Using a chart provided by UBS and taken from data from EFPR who compiles an amazing amount of information on fund flows within the investment community and particularly insightful on EM, we want to assess where the opportunities for rotation, beating the index, and where we think investors are offsides.
Brazil is a small part of the index in Emerging Markets relative to China or other Asian giants like India (EPI, quote) or Korea (EWY, quote) but it’s clear Brazil is giving investors a reason to envisage change across the asset class.
Can India truly deliver on the promise of the best demographic and consumer growth story in the world? India is the BRIC country without any other members. India is delivering “China like” growth and has been one the best performing major EMs in the last 12 months (+36%).
Emerging Money Daily Audio Preview Call August 12 on the call we will review region by region on the site today we talk about where was your performance where we continue see underperformance whereas the fund flow
Emerging Money Audio Call Preview June 24 – on today’s call we are talking about yesterday’s PMI’s along with industrial strength and the correlation between cyclical and industrials and the PMIs. If yesterday told us the right story then investors are well under positioned in the space.
We may look back at today’s price action in India and say this was the day that initiated the pullback we have been calling far.
The recent Emerging Market rally is built off a combination of fundamental and technical factors.
India elections will start on April 7th and last into May 16th. Significant change has been priced into the SENEX (see chart below) into the event. Are investors set up disappointment?
I am starting to get a lot of questions from investors regarding the sustainability of this rally in Emerging Markets and what can be the drivers for the next leg(s) higher.
Your Ticket to Investing in Emerging Markets Smarter than the MSCI EM Index.
- China issues first big data report on B&R InitiativeSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-10-28
- Woman diagnosed with cancer has child, stirs controversySource: China.orgPublished on 2016-10-28
- Air show to display cutting-edge techSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-10-28
- Nuke submarine to go on displaySource: China.orgPublished on 2016-10-28
- Book launching of ‘Belt and Road Initiative Big Data Report 2016’Source: China.orgPublished on 2016-10-28
- Spaceflight redefines ‘Made in China’ tagSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-10-28
- 400,000 migrant workers flock to Xinjiang to harvest cottonSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-10-28
- Traders weigh Amazon, Alphabet and Twitter earningsSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-10-27
- Final Trade: TWTR, CSCO & moreSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-10-27
- Amazon tumbles after hoursSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-10-27
- Amgen CEO: We expect to do more value-based contractsSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-10-27
- Markets yielding a holiday gift?Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-10-27
- Santelli’s warning: Rates on the riseSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-10-27
- What can save Twitter?Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-10-27
- Analyst: Solid quarter for AlphabetSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-10-27
- China issues first big data report on B&R Initiative