Using a chart provided by UBS and taken from data from EFPR who compiles an amazing amount of information on fund flows within the investment community and particularly insightful on EM, we want to assess where the opportunities for rotation, beating the index, and where we think investors are offsides.
Brazil is a small part of the index in Emerging Markets relative to China or other Asian giants like India (EPI, quote) or Korea (EWY, quote) but it’s clear Brazil is giving investors a reason to envisage change across the asset class.
Can India truly deliver on the promise of the best demographic and consumer growth story in the world? India is the BRIC country without any other members. India is delivering “China like” growth and has been one the best performing major EMs in the last 12 months (+36%).
Emerging Money Daily Audio Preview Call August 12 on the call we will review region by region on the site today we talk about where was your performance where we continue see underperformance whereas the fund flow
Emerging Money Audio Call Preview June 24 – on today’s call we are talking about yesterday’s PMI’s along with industrial strength and the correlation between cyclical and industrials and the PMIs. If yesterday told us the right story then investors are well under positioned in the space.
We may look back at today’s price action in India and say this was the day that initiated the pullback we have been calling far.
The recent Emerging Market rally is built off a combination of fundamental and technical factors.
India elections will start on April 7th and last into May 16th. Significant change has been priced into the SENEX (see chart below) into the event. Are investors set up disappointment?
I am starting to get a lot of questions from investors regarding the sustainability of this rally in Emerging Markets and what can be the drivers for the next leg(s) higher.
Your Ticket to Investing in Emerging Markets Smarter than the MSCI EM Index.
- Ex-lawyer admits subversion in trialSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-23
- People calls for harsher sexual harassment penaltiesSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-23
- Military says quality of recruits is ‘guaranteed’Source: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-23
- Mediators ease court’s burden as divorces riseSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-23
- Coastal city looks to grow via high-tech talentSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-23
- China glad to train foreign astronautsSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-23
- Horse riding graduates get off to a good startSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-23
- 21-year-old raises half-million for polar journeySource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-23
- New steps to tackle air pollution set for Beijing regionSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-23
- China implements coordinated control of PM2.5 and O3Source: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-22
- Your first trade for Tuesday, August 22Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-08-22
- Stocks that will shineSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-08-21
- Guy Adami hits the streets for a reaction to today’s historic events in the skiesSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-08-21
- In the battle of internet stocks, US giants may be falling behindSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-08-21
- Here’s why strategist Tony Dwyer is telling you to buy the dipSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-08-21
- Ex-lawyer admits subversion in trial