Using a chart provided by UBS and taken from data from EFPR who compiles an amazing amount of information on fund flows within the investment community and particularly insightful on EM, we want to assess where the opportunities for rotation, beating the index, and where we think investors are offsides.
Brazil is a small part of the index in Emerging Markets relative to China or other Asian giants like India (EPI, quote) or Korea (EWY, quote) but it’s clear Brazil is giving investors a reason to envisage change across the asset class.
Can India truly deliver on the promise of the best demographic and consumer growth story in the world? India is the BRIC country without any other members. India is delivering “China like” growth and has been one the best performing major EMs in the last 12 months (+36%).
Emerging Money Daily Audio Preview Call August 12 on the call we will review region by region on the site today we talk about where was your performance where we continue see underperformance whereas the fund flow
Emerging Money Audio Call Preview June 24 – on today’s call we are talking about yesterday’s PMI’s along with industrial strength and the correlation between cyclical and industrials and the PMIs. If yesterday told us the right story then investors are well under positioned in the space.
We may look back at today’s price action in India and say this was the day that initiated the pullback we have been calling far.
The recent Emerging Market rally is built off a combination of fundamental and technical factors.
India elections will start on April 7th and last into May 16th. Significant change has been priced into the SENEX (see chart below) into the event. Are investors set up disappointment?
I am starting to get a lot of questions from investors regarding the sustainability of this rally in Emerging Markets and what can be the drivers for the next leg(s) higher.
Your Ticket to Investing in Emerging Markets Smarter than the MSCI EM Index.
- Chinese expected to make 130 mln trips during coming holidaySource: China.orgPublished on 2017-04-29
- Former Shanghai vice mayor sentenced to 17 years for graftSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-04-29
- China arrests over 4,200 for personal information fraud in 2016Source: China.orgPublished on 2017-04-29
- Endorsing one-China principle only way to break deadlock in cross-strait ties: spokespersonSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-04-29
- SOEs have potential in mass entrepreneurship, innovation: PremierSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-04-29
- Trades to make after the first 100 days of TrumpSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-04-28
- Sundowns cruise to the top of the log with win over ArrowsSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2017-04-28
- Wits keep title hopes alive with win over relegation-threatened Highlands ParkSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2017-04-28
- Conte out to contain threat of ex-Chelsea striker LukakuSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2017-04-28
- Maria Sharapova welcomes new anti-doping drive, happy for more testsSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2017-04-28
- Barcelona to report Malaga president’s offensive tweetSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2017-04-28
- Residents mop up after violent protests over child’s death on a Coligny sunflower farmSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2017-04-28
- SA’s top trending search this week was bipolarSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2017-04-28
- Nothing could deter Nelwamondo’s quest for educationSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2017-04-28
- Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho sets sights on Liverpool and ArsenalSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2017-04-28
- Chinese expected to make 130 mln trips during coming holiday