My first comment is that is pretty annoying to have to deal with Greece volatility this Sunday when I would rather bask in the US Woman’s World Cup win!! #USAUSAUSA…truly dominant performance.
So much for US recession, NFP in the US was well beyond consensus and puts into play where people were positioned even on rates after yesterday’s opening hours of pain but easing back by the end of the day.
Today’s headlines on Greece are NOT in the market’s volatility range or where equities should feel comfortable at this level.
The euro is finding a toe hole on speculation that the new Greece government may soften its stance and work with international creditors.
The European Central Bank (ECB) exceeded expectations (so rare in life) with their monthly 60 billion euro asset purchasing until Sept 2016 and an open ended loaded bazooka in their pocket.
The ECB, Gold and U.S. dollar – This morning the European Central Bank (ECB) surprised global markets by slashing key interest rates to a new record low of 0.05% from 0.15%.
Since the Fed many non G3 currencies have made higher lows against the Dollar. We think some weaker U.S. data today on housing along with better external data for many of the FX crosses we are watching means this trend can continue.
While China (FXI, quote) continues to disappoint and send a message to the global economy, Europe continues to show resilience and makes one wonder whether a sustained recovery isn’t in fact in place.
Wow what a roller coaster ride the last few days! From last week Friday to close today, U.S. markets fell off rails nearly 2.7% in 3 days and over 3.5% from the February 25th all-time high.
- Illegal sales of RDP houses were hard to monitor: MashatileSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-08-30
- What lies beneath? Analyst sees ‘under the surface’ signals giving market boostSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-08-30
- Experts review practice of anti-domestic violence law in ChinaSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-08-30
- Arrest of China’s ‘Jack the Ripper’ stuns neighborsSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-08-30
- Over 900 baby crocodiles found in southern ChinaSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-08-30
- More support for TCM consideredSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-08-30
- China introduces humane livestock slaughter rulesSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-08-30
- Top legislature reviews laws on defense transport, filmSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-08-30
- Second child policy fuels hospital bottlenecksSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-08-30
- Disabled tour group beaten by staff at scenic spotSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-08-30
- Shanghai teachers to give letter gradesSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-08-30
- Farmers receive big dividends for planting treesSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-08-30
- Traders pick homebuilder stocks amid rising housing pricesSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-08-29
- Final Trade: TOL, FB & moreSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-08-29
- Fitbit unveils fancy wearablesSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-08-29
- Illegal sales of RDP houses were hard to monitor: Mashatile