THE PATH TO PERSIA
By Alexander Schay | Published on: January 15, 2016 EMfminvestor.com
With the “Implementation Day” milestone of last July’s nuclear deal between Iran and the P5+1 fast approaching, the prospect of Iran’s reintegration into the global economy grows near. As one of the few remaining countries in the world with a […]
EM equities are catching a bid intraday after markets digest the scary news out of Turkey and the downing of a Russian fighter jet at the Turkish border. EM equities continue to show some resilience in the face of the Dollar strength and a Fed rate hike that’s US rates are already pricing in.
EM equities staging a small comeback versus the SPX in the last couple weeks but only up small off the relative value trend lows of Black Monday. In the last 5 years EM has underperformed the US index by 55% in USD terms.
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call July 27 – Focus squarely on China where markets take their biggest move since February of 2007 down -8.5% after a relatively calm morning session word leaked that China was pulling back on their market support.
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call July 24 – Weaker macro and commodity prices become a self-fulfilling backdrop for global equites who are limping into the weekend.
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call July 21 – Global markets look tired and EM markets want to catch a “baby bid”.
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call June 29 – On the call today we go through our assessment of asset classes and their reaction to the Greece news of the weekend.
Despite the China’s Central Bank cutting Requirement Reserve Ratio (RRR) along with the amount banks are required to hold in reserves, China’s Shenzhen dropped 5.78% to 13,588.27.
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call May 22 – On the call today we address a hot CPI print in the US which is adding to the bid in the USD thus the weight in the EM currency complex.
ARTICLES [Go to: Investment Terms]
- 4 arrested in scam that led to deathSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-08-27
- Traders debate how to play a possible September rate hikeSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-08-26
- Stocks to bark home about: MA, SLV, DG & AVPSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-08-26
- Amazon’s next trillion?Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-08-26
- Levels to watch in the S&PSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-08-26
- Herbalife: Grateful to Icahn and his convictionSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-08-26
- September hike on deck?Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-08-26
- What to buy after the Fed: 3 tradesSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-08-26
- 4 arrested in scam that led to death