Emerging Money is looking for people who can expand our coverage of international markets. Many of our criteria — including education, journalistic or formal financial experience, time zone and location — are negotiable, but passion about global investing is a must. We welcome amateur traders, financial advisors, students and other “unconventional” candidates to apply.
To apply for any position: Send resume and 2-4 clips to firstname.lastname@example.org
Reporter (General Assignment)
The ideal candidate will have a strong grasp of the market implications of breaking news as well as an ability to explain developments in clear jargon-free language to our largely U.S.-based retail investor audience. Some practical trading or equity research experience preferred.
Responsibilities include tracking an assigned universe of U.S.-traded securities or sectors (ADRs, ETFs, commodities), generating short, SEO-friendly “blog-style” updates, pitching and pursuing longer-lead stories, responding to relevant site comments and social media exchanges.
Reporter (Latin America)
The ideal candidate will be able to translate headline political and macroeconomic developments in Brazil and throughout Latin America into actionable commentary. Some practical trading or equity research experience preferred. Naturally, correspondents who speak Portuguese and/or Spanish have an edge.
Responsibilities include monitoring Latin investment media for news relevant to U.S.-traded securities or sectors (ADRs, ETFs, commodities), generating short, SEO-friendly “blog-style” updates, pitching and pursuing longer-lead stories, responding to relevant site comments and social media exchanges.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about scanning global wires in order to keep our trading-oriented audience plugged into the potential impact of developments overseas on their investment portfolios. An ability to compose breaking updates on the fly is essential, as is a strong grasp of the factors that actually move the markets. Some practical trading or equity research experience is a plus.
1. Monitoring global news media and assign worthy items to freelance writers to summarize, re-report or pursue as feature content.
2. Editing and producing content for our site and social media feeds, adding basic multimedia elements as appropriate.
3. Writing to fill in breaking news situations.
4. Mentoring a writing team, not all of which are native English speakers or trained journalists.
The ideal candidate will be eager to both tackle the ground-level duties of managing a growing website and pursue more strategic development goals. A grasp of how modern financial markets function in a global context is essential, as are the rudiments of online content production (CMS, multimedia, SEO). This position requires practical market writing experience or the equivalent in active trading or equity research.
1. Building out our day-to-day coverage of global markets and evergreen investment material.
2. Managing a team of freelance writers to achieve content and traffic goals.
3. Assisting in the development of new products and channels.
4. Participating in the creation of business processes and tools.
An equal opportunity employer.