With Emerging Market equities on a tear and outperforming the worlds developed market equity markets by a significant margin YTD (+1470bps to the SPX), they are suddenly target of the bears who argue this is just a bounce from oversold conditions.
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call April 18 – On the call today we discuss the breakdown in bond yields and the impact in deflation trades.
Janet Yellen gave Dollar Bears ammunition to look to the charts. Dollar Bulls are in abundance but that may be the problem. Once again the USD is an overweight long that despite the obvious presence of the Fed can’t get out of its way.
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call March 9 – On the call today we focused on crude oil which suddenly is becoming a problem for the market.
Emerging Money Audio Call January 31 – Todays story is Dollar weakness and a break of the 100 level on the DXY as Trump jawbones the greenback while addressing the drug industry.
The MSCI EM (MXEF) Index has rallied 9.2% off the lows in December and has outperformed the SPX by 8% during that time.
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call January 17 – On the call this morning from Asia where I am out kicking the tires on some investments.
The Peso has been Trumped so far and while the move lower (higher in nominal terms) is not over we are getting near a climax topping pattern which combined with fundamentals have us wanting to OWN the MXN into elections. This view is not consensus in any way.
For effectively 5 years Japans 10year benchmark has traded below the 200dma taking with it yields around the world. Japanese institutional investors are one of the biggest groups of investors who influence the flow of large insurance, pension, endowment and municipal allocations.
- Socialism with Chinese characteristics enters new era: XiSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-10-18
- Delegates to Party congress highly representativeSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-10-17
- Your first trade for Tuesday, October 17Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-10-17
- Agenda set for 19th CPC National CongressSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-10-17
- Coming soon: Opening ceremony of the 19th CPC National CongressSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-10-17
- Beijing plans culture and tech integrated developmentSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-10-17
- All 38 delegations arrive in Beijing for CPC congressSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-10-17
- Chinese police repatriate ‘Red Notice’ fugitive to USSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-10-16
- In the battle between growth versus value, here’s what Mohamed El-Erian would pickSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-10-16
- China announces new gravitational wave observationSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-10-16
- China to pilot lawyer mediation systemSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-10-16
- Xi calls on HK youths to serve HK, countrySource: Xi calls on HK youths to serve HK, countryPublished on 2017-06-30
- Socialism with Chinese characteristics enters new era: Xi