Happy New Year?
Here are my market ramblings this morning as I look out over assets that are in free fall as China, Middle East tensions, and the reality that central banks can only do so much to take the place of organic growth and markets working through the excesses of years gone by:
China’s yuan, or renminbi as it’s also known, could soon be the latest currency to join the IMF’s elite basket of currencies making up its Special Drawing Rights. Confused? Watch this explainer.
With crude oil prices down nearly 50% during 2015 we’ve seen the effects of lower prices across many sectors.
Australia saw another increase in employment which may very well keep the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) holding at its current policy, possibly through the rest of 2015.
China: Tell me what I don’t know. Casual China players are focused on last night’s PMI and were focused on recent flash PMI 2 weeks (47.1 and subsequent 3.1% fall in the SPX) ago in ways they have never before because someone erroneously told them to connect the dots between the struggling stock market and […]
While I will be quick to point out that I expect volatility to test last week’s highs again before the end of October there is a decent argument that Emerging Markets may be getting close to a turn after 5 years of sputtering in the face of the Feds global liquidity fantasy camp. “Capitulation” is […]
Emerging Money’s Tim Seymour helped subscriber navigate one the most volatile weeks in history.
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call July 7 – Major intraday reversal across the globe as a number of key technical levels held, especially EM which traded all the way to October market lows before a resounding bounce.
Markets under control despite resounding OXI from Greece yesterday. As we noted last night the price action is about testing the levels form last week and overall key levels for the indices and macro.
- Zuma assures nuclear programme will continue at affordable pace and scaleSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-02-12
- 5 Most Romantic Date Spots in MoscowSource: The Moscow Times – Current IssuePublished on 2016-02-12
- Russia’s Sochi Resort to Host Kiss Competition at High AltitudeSource: The Moscow Times – Current IssuePublished on 2016-02-12
- Recalling Zuma would have averted Sona chaos: CopeSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-02-12
- Sona show Zuma’s paucity of ideas on the economy: DASource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-02-12
- Zuma upbeat on HIV policy turnaroundSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-02-12
- New Xinjiang airport to open 1st regular civilian routeSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-02-12
- Source: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-02-12
- No casualties from Xinjiang 5.0-magnitude quakeSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-02-12
- China makes it easier for disabled people to driveSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-02-12
- Duduzane gives force to ‘Zupta’ perceptionSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-02-12
- FB or TWTR? Trading social amid tech strugglesSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-02-11
- Your first look for Friday, February 12Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-02-11
- Final Trade: Mattel, Twitter, Whole Foods & moreSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-02-11
- Fed is absolutely to blame for global turmoil: Fmr. Fed presidentSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-02-11
- Zuma assures nuclear programme will continue at affordable pace and scale