Please see the guest post from our friends at EMFM Investor:
By Asif Khan | Published on: February 3, 2016
Editor Note: Foreign exchange fluctuations and macro imbalances have a tremendous impact on stock returns in developing markets, making it essential to anticipate and adjust for these movements. We are pleased to share some insights from a […]
On the call today we follow the continuing currency saga as it hits EM and commodity assets. Currencies don’t move in one direction forever and can be overbot and oversold therefore….?
What do you do with EM exposure here after a 5% pullback in the EEM over almost three weeks?
How does China feel […]
On the call today we review global market, the call on rates and currencies, and what this means for EM investing.
On the call today we discuss global markets moving near all time highs again as rates are sideways – but not better ( if better is lower)…
Global asset allocation should be favoring EM over DM…why?
China data last night consistent with our trading and investment view on China…what is that? tune in…
Please tune […]
Global markets are unnerved that Bonds are telling us something. Equities don’t like the bond market to be smarter but it always is. The question for equity investors however is whether there is a re-adjustment going on in rates that is positive, an adjustment that is telling us deflationary forces in commodities and labor have […]
On todays call we discuss the move in global rates and bottom our view that this is not a credit event. Whats going on? Listen in…
Chinese data over the next couple days will give a small snapshot of the economy but not really tell you the direction of stocks in China or Asia…
China discovers an industrial shale gas flow manly made up of methane some 3,568 meters deep measuring 6 meters high in the Ordos city. Ordos may sound familiar as the region is rich in coal deposits.
Not only have the last few FOMC Mins kicked yields higher, but the yield crunch was more about positioning than fundamentals.
Good afternoon – Welcome to Tuesday’s mid-day update on events in Russia and the broader Emerging Market. Tune in for my views on the turmoil as well as which currency is no longer a sell.
I was asked by Fidelity to give a presentation to their clients ahead of the Trader Expo in NYC. In the presentation I gave my views on the EM selloff and a number of key sub-topics within the asset class. Here I will present my slides on China.
- Source: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-04-29
- Nauru refugee dies after setting himself ablazeSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-04-29
- North Korea sentences Korean American to 10 years hard labourSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-04-29
- Platini in court for make-or-break hearingSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-04-29
- Body of rumba king Papa Wemba returns to DR CongoSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-04-29
- Chinese convict serving in Russia transferred backSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-04-29
- ANC demands investigation into cop who allegedly received millions from KrejcirSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-04-29
- Rand firmer on risk appetite, eyes on local trade dataSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-04-29
- Liberian soccer star-turned-politician Weah to run for presidentSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-04-29
- Ten children hurt in taxi accident en route to schoolSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-04-29
- 2 dead in fire incident at Shanghai Hongqiao Int’l AirportSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-04-29
- China to join int’l anti-terrorism drillSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-04-29
- 61 tried in six-day contract fraud caseSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-04-29
- Language service promotion to debut at Beijing int’l fairSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-04-29
- 8 die in coach hijacking, arson in NW ChinaSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-04-29