Folks, rotation is good ultimately but not for momentum stocks, and this has been going on for months, not days.
Front page of the WSJ tells us that a deal between Comcast (CMCSA, quote) and Apple (AAPL, quote) may be near where Apple gets TV like quality streaming of the “final mile” from Comcast into the living room to an Apple set top box.
Russian Bounce: If you are playing Russia and have a view of Putin’s more conciliatory tone allows you to trade the overdone moves in many names.
YOKU released 4Q numbers that showed profitability for the first time in the companies history according to non US GAAP (+0.04c) and were almost breakeven (-0.02c) according to US GAAP.
I was asked by Fidelity to give a presentation to their clients ahead of the Trader Expo in NYC. In the presentation I gave my views on the EM selloff and a number of key sub-topics within the asset class. Here I will present my slides on China.
Yandex (YNDX, quote), the Google of Russia, is +4.5% today and now +9% in 3 days after the drubbing of EM and Russia saw a lot of momentum players sell stock and some directional players shorting stock.
Hynix (HXSCL, quote) is the worlds second largest maker of memory chips, and they seem to see what Apple (AAPL, quote) didn’t spell out last night but clearly implied and what Samsung (SSNLF, quote) had no choice but to say: smartphone growth is not what […]
As you track the Emerging Money China Intenet Index (EMCHI), we highlight news from key component, Tencent.
- Exhibition tells the poignant story of ‘comfort women’Source: China.orgPublished on 2015-07-01
- Land reclamation completed on some Nansha islandsSource: China.orgPublished on 2015-06-30
- 6 trades on Twitter’s future, Apple MusicSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-06-30
- Your first trade for Wednesday, July 1Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-06-30
- Fast Money Final Trade: GILD, KORS, SPY & KITESource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-06-30
- Time to bet on Macau?Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-06-30
- Fast casual, fast moneySource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-06-30
- Stock Pops & Drops: JUNO, ANF, PNR & SNESource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-06-30
- Second half playbook plays: DIS & WMTSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-06-30
- US, Cuba to announce embassy openings: ReportSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-06-30
- Apple Music mean more iPhone sales?Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-06-30
- Apple Music debutsSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-06-30
- Ku Klux Klan plans pro-Confederate flag rally in South CarolinaSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2015-06-30
- Nigeria’s Buhari may not appoint ministers until SeptemberSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2015-06-30
- Overwhelming support for Phakisa process says ZumaSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2015-06-30
- Exhibition tells the poignant story of ‘comfort women’