Our investors get insight into today’s an SCI rebalance that takes place at 5 PM.
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call June 3 – Weaker payrolls mean many things and we begin to discuss the broader implications for the market fallout after the US labor market looks suddenly feeble.
People have been bearish on EM (EEM, quote) growth and we continue to hear trade data spouted daily that is stated to indicate limited upside growth to EM economies in the near term. Fundamentals are debatable, but core technical factors are working for EM investors:
Using a chart provided by UBS and taken from data from EFPR who compiles an amazing amount of information on fund flows within the investment community and particularly insightful on EM, we want to assess where the opportunities for rotation, beating the index, and where we think investors are offsides.
Rates higher as we wait for Fed minutes. Clearly the short end of the US curve is more fearful of the Fed than the long end.
GLEN, X: Resource names may be building another round of momentum to take out recent highs after a sharp pullback took 25% off the run in names like US Steel.
RUSSELL (IWM): The Russell staged a big move off the lows at 960 and has been consolidating for a few weeks above the important 1075 level ( $108 in the $IWM).
Investors need to look closely at the chart of the commodity index (CRB) for a fresh break of the 200dma to the upside that if sustained will be the first time the index has traded above this key technical level since August 2014 or just after the rout in oil began to gain steam.
The London Breakout Strategy or LBS is a simple but effective strategy for both beginners and seasoned traders. This Strategy only requires a couple of trendlines and no fancy or complicated indicators are required to work this strategy.
- Van Rooyen suddenly withdraws his interdictSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-10-21
- Government’s attitude to justice questionable – Southern Africa legal centreSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-10-21
- Minister’s ICC move ‘unconstitutional‚ unlawful’ – Lawyers for Human Rights‚ Freedom Under LawSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-10-21
- Typhoon Haima raises flood alarm in south ChinaSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-10-21
- 48-year-old bridge on Yangtze River to undergo major repairSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-10-21
- Your first trade for Friday, October 21Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-10-21
- China steps up efforts to protect safety of medical workersSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-10-21
- Xi demands strong army, solid troopsSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-10-21
- Xi: Long March a ‘stately monument’Source: China.orgPublished on 2016-10-21
- Space tech ‘sexy’ for engineerSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-10-21
- China releases 6th, 7th giant panda into wildSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-10-21
- Tourists in hot water over toilet lid removalSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-10-21
- Traders weigh chasing Microsoft rally after stock passes all-time high in late tradingSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-10-20
- Final Trade: PYPL, GOOGL & moreSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-10-20
- BuzzFeed gets $200 million from NBCSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-10-20
- Van Rooyen suddenly withdraws his interdict