Our investors get insight into today’s an SCI rebalance that takes place at 5 PM.
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call June 3 – Weaker payrolls mean many things and we begin to discuss the broader implications for the market fallout after the US labor market looks suddenly feeble.
People have been bearish on EM (EEM, quote) growth and we continue to hear trade data spouted daily that is stated to indicate limited upside growth to EM economies in the near term. Fundamentals are debatable, but core technical factors are working for EM investors:
Using a chart provided by UBS and taken from data from EFPR who compiles an amazing amount of information on fund flows within the investment community and particularly insightful on EM, we want to assess where the opportunities for rotation, beating the index, and where we think investors are offsides.
Rates higher as we wait for Fed minutes. Clearly the short end of the US curve is more fearful of the Fed than the long end.
GLEN, X: Resource names may be building another round of momentum to take out recent highs after a sharp pullback took 25% off the run in names like US Steel.
RUSSELL (IWM): The Russell staged a big move off the lows at 960 and has been consolidating for a few weeks above the important 1075 level ( $108 in the $IWM).
Investors need to look closely at the chart of the commodity index (CRB) for a fresh break of the 200dma to the upside that if sustained will be the first time the index has traded above this key technical level since August 2014 or just after the rout in oil began to gain steam.
- Your first trade for Wednesday, March 1Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-03-01
- More Chinese students return from overseas in 2016Source: China.orgPublished on 2017-03-01
- Smog density in Beijing, Tianjin, Hebei down 30%Source: China.orgPublished on 2017-03-01
- 1,180 arrested for school bullying, violenceSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-03-01
- Food firm is blacklisted over ‘old meat’ scandalSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-03-01
- Underground rooms near Tian’anmen to be removedSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-03-01
- Man seeks job to pay granddaughter’s tuitionSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-03-01
- Globetrotting couple sketch their travelsSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-03-01
- Riding an asteroid: China’s next goal in spaceSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-03-01
- Campaigners urge regulation revamp after student sex attacksSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-03-01
- Traders discuss Alphabet’s stock after YouTube TV announcementSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-02-28
- Final Trade: TGT, MON & moreSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-02-28
- Facebook already trying to ‘out-Snap’ Snap: DamodaranSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-02-28
- Options Action: Costco to fall on earningsSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-02-28
- If Wal-Mart did it, Target can too: Fmr. Saks CEOSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-02-28
- Your first trade for Wednesday, March 1