Emerging Money’s Tim Seymour helped subscriber navigate one the most volatile weeks in history.
As of Sunday night writing the following points summarize where we are:
Talks breakdown Greece’s Tsipras calls for a July 5th referendum vote enraging EU creditors The ECB freezes the emergency funding lifeline Greece will default on their E1.6Bn IMF payment due Greece closes its markets this week Greece closes banks and imposes capital controls until […]
So much for US recession, NFP in the US was well beyond consensus and puts into play where people were positioned even on rates after yesterday’s opening hours of pain but easing back by the end of the day.
Every credit guy I speak to seems to be getting long or is very long volatility. Equity guys seem to be long complacency. Bond markets always smarter. EM markets tend to be as well in a reactionary way. EM equities as measured by the EEM ETF are -7.8% in 26 days straight down from a […]
..short small cap stocks in the US if you feel we are truly seeing a rates adjustment (even if this is not a global credit event?). The Russell 2000 is the index of small cap stocks and one that has rallied 4.4% off the lows of early May to through yesterday while the SPX has […]
Recapping a couple macro themes from today that are part of larger macro views we have.
We have made our view on Volatility very clear for months: We said you wanted to trade it and own it when it got cheap because we were entering an extended period of heightened volatility.
Happy New Year to all our Emerging Money Friends!
Emerging Money Daily Audio Preview Call August 7 we are seeing emerging markets pull back on the spread against the developed markets to an interesting level here some support talked about we’ll tell you how to trade it.
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call Preview July 10 – as we settlement into mid-day in the U.S. investors have come to realize two; the events in Portugal Espirito Santo are largely one off and largely the result of an institution with significant cross holdings but the positioning is what this is about.
- The Big Read: The storm rages, unabatedSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2015-09-04
- PSL shoots wide in Abraw issueSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2015-09-04
- Lessons for Africa in Europe’s mass migration ordealSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2015-09-04
- Source: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2015-09-04
- Buy or sell the FANG stocks: 4 fast tradesSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-09-03
- Your first look for Friday, September 4Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-09-03
- Fast Money Final Trade: XLF, SPY & moreSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-09-03
- Biotech IPOs on ice?Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-09-03
- How to make Apple grow: ProSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-09-03
- GoPro’s best days gone?Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-09-03
- Twitter board cares about product first: ProSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-09-03
- Most hated names on the StreetSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-09-03
- New news or old: TeslaSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-09-03
- Top Trades: JOY, CAT, SUNE & moreSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-09-03
- Pope meets Israel’s Rivlin amid tensionsSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2015-09-03
- The Big Read: The storm rages, unabated