In South Africa the Rand (ZAR) has rallied over 4% today as headlines on the appointment of a new Finance Minister also include some detail on how the new(old) finance chief will approach defending the credit rating of the country.
Over the weekend China’s leading smart phone manufacture, Hisense announced it will be expanding its offerings of smartphones and TVs into South Africa.
On the call toady we discuss the pullback in rates overnight and the relief for equity markets…
Emerging Market currencies are ripping today with the pullback in the USD; We offer up those most compelling currency trades…
Oil trades higher with the weaker Dollar. What are the related trades and where is the near term […]
Emerging Money Daily Audio Preview Call November 25 – On the call today we get into Asian out performance from last night.
Emerging Money Daily Call Preview June 10 – on today’s call were given you fresh updates in the fertilizer that’s been long and profitable and we actually think the fundamentals are improving.
As Emerging Markets push near one year highs, we wanted to refresh our core views on markets, outlook and risks.
As we see the US emerge from the winter hibernation (Retail Sales, Industrial Production, Jobless Claims), we are also seeing signs of Emerging Markets recovery on Macro.
Emerging Market Funds, both dedicated and ETFs, have now strung together two consecutive weeks of inflows for the first time in 6 months.
The Emerging Money EM FX Basket (EMFXB) is a GDP weighted index comprised of the eight most volatile primary currencies in EM.
Those EM “have’s” with exposure to either falling commodities, current account issues, political turmoil, or all of the above, are taking down all EM countries, even those who do not have (“have not”) the same exposure to such factors.
- Shanghai phone booths get new literary lease of lifeSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-21
- For visually impaired, Braille no longer kingSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-21
- Media leaders stress new technology roleSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-21
- Savior of strays runs animal farmSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-21
- Smuggling suspect returned to ChinaSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-21
- Women diagnosed with breast cancer at younger ageSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-21
- China restores ecosystem along its longest inland riverSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-21
- Loose management behind fatal coal mine accidentSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-21
- Book highlights Xi’s seven years in Shaanxi villageSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-21
- Need a bodyguard? App is comingSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-21
- Xi calls on HK youths to serve HK, countrySource: Xi calls on HK youths to serve HK, countryPublished on 2017-06-30
- Shanghai phone booths get new literary lease of life