For effectively 5 years Japans 10year benchmark has traded below the 200dma taking with it yields around the world. Japanese institutional investors are one of the biggest groups of investors who influence the flow of large insurance, pension, endowment and municipal allocations.
Despite a rally back in the USD and the sudden recalibrated growth outlook for the world from Brexit, Commodities are picking up steam.
GLEN, X: Resource names may be building another round of momentum to take out recent highs after a sharp pullback took 25% off the run in names like US Steel.
RUSSELL (IWM): The Russell staged a big move off the lows at 960 and has been consolidating for a few weeks above the important 1075 level ( $108 in the $IWM).
Lots of talk today on Brazil and a potential move to the right with the (all white and all male) Michael Temer government moving into place. What’s clear is that the market locally has enjoyed the political change and maneuvering and hope of a new fiscal backdrop.
Investors need to look closely at the chart of the commodity index (CRB) for a fresh break of the 200dma to the upside that if sustained will be the first time the index has traded above this key technical level since August 2014 or just after the rout in oil began to gain steam.
Alibaba reports BMO tomorrow and is down 3% today on claims that the government regulator is concerned with fraud and oversight. Buy the dip?
We have made our view on Volatility very clear for months: We said you wanted to trade it and own it when it got cheap because we were entering an extended period of heightened volatility.
We have made plenty of noise about the improving China (FXI, quote) macro and the stimulus that is being dripped into the economy (the latter helping the prior) and now it seems that the street is starting to take notice and global and “cross-over” investors are voting with their feet.
- WATCH: Boity’s gym game is bossSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2017-01-22
- Zonke gives fans a glimpse of her R2.1 million car collectionSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2017-01-22
- Huang Xingguo under graft investigationSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-01-22
- PLA helicopter crashes during night trainingSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-01-22
- 12 feared dead in central China landslideSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-01-22
- Chinese surgeons use 3D printer in pediatric heart surgerySource: China.orgPublished on 2017-01-21
- Beer giant AB InBev trims the fat at SABMillerSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2017-01-21
- Angry Kuga owners get bad news as PR disaster escalates for carmakerSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2017-01-21
- Guptas to sue Gordhan for ‘plotting’ to ruin themSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2017-01-21
- Egypt snatch late winner to eliminate UgandaSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2017-01-21
- Trump to preside over a ‘fiscal bloodbath’ instead of Reagan ‘reincarnation’: StockmanSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-01-21
- Gyan steers Ghana into Africa Cup of Nations quarter-finalsSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2017-01-21
- Web users select China’s ‘Good Samaritans’Source: China.orgPublished on 2017-01-21
- Chinese gov’t to cut more red-tapeSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-01-21
- Beijing’s neighbor bans straw burning for cleaner airSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-01-21
- WATCH: Boity’s gym game is boss