For effectively 5 years Japans 10year benchmark has traded below the 200dma taking with it yields around the world. Japanese institutional investors are one of the biggest groups of investors who influence the flow of large insurance, pension, endowment and municipal allocations.
Despite a rally back in the USD and the sudden recalibrated growth outlook for the world from Brexit, Commodities are picking up steam.
GLEN, X: Resource names may be building another round of momentum to take out recent highs after a sharp pullback took 25% off the run in names like US Steel.
RUSSELL (IWM): The Russell staged a big move off the lows at 960 and has been consolidating for a few weeks above the important 1075 level ( $108 in the $IWM).
Lots of talk today on Brazil and a potential move to the right with the (all white and all male) Michael Temer government moving into place. What’s clear is that the market locally has enjoyed the political change and maneuvering and hope of a new fiscal backdrop.
Investors need to look closely at the chart of the commodity index (CRB) for a fresh break of the 200dma to the upside that if sustained will be the first time the index has traded above this key technical level since August 2014 or just after the rout in oil began to gain steam.
Alibaba reports BMO tomorrow and is down 3% today on claims that the government regulator is concerned with fraud and oversight. Buy the dip?
We have made our view on Volatility very clear for months: We said you wanted to trade it and own it when it got cheap because we were entering an extended period of heightened volatility.
We have made plenty of noise about the improving China (FXI, quote) macro and the stimulus that is being dripped into the economy (the latter helping the prior) and now it seems that the street is starting to take notice and global and “cross-over” investors are voting with their feet.
- Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei region to build one-hour commuting circleSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-02-27
- Trading health care as industry CEOs meet with TrumpSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-02-27
- CPC punishes officials for poor leadershipSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-02-27
- Press center for annual political sessions opensSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-02-27
- Judicial efficiency improved through reform: top courtSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-02-27
- Final Trade: MOS, FL & moreSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-02-27
- Bitcoin bug calls out Peter Schiff’s gold infatuationSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-02-27
- Today’s Bitcoin could be ‘tomorrow’s Beanie Babies’: SchiffSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-02-27
- Are stocks cheap?Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-02-27
- Perrigo CFO resigns, effective immediatelySource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-02-27
- Goldman: Tesla to drop 25%Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-02-27
- Health care best Trump trade?Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-02-27
- Keep betting on Trump?Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-02-27
- FM Remix: 3 trades on health care and biotechSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-02-27
- ‘Young man commits suicide on Bryanston pavement’Source: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2017-02-27
- Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei region to build one-hour commuting circle