The MSCI EM (MXEF) Index has rallied 9.2% off the lows in December and has outperformed the SPX by 8% during that time.
The Chart of the GBP is clearly reveling in the expectation of Remain vote in the Brexit saga but should it be trading at levels it saw last year before the Brexit gambit was a reality?
Rates higher as we wait for Fed minutes. Clearly the short end of the US curve is more fearful of the Fed than the long end.
Emerging markets have now carved back 10.5% from the SPX in the last 2.5 months and has on a relative spread basis moved back to mid-August levels versus the SPX.
Over the weekend China’s leading smart phone manufacture, Hisense announced it will be expanding its offerings of smartphones and TVs into South Africa.
Crude oil gave back its gains from yesterday’s rally. Volatility has picked up once again in the oil patch as traders attempt assess whether there will be enough global demand to cut into the historical surplus that has tankers just sitting off the coast unable to unload its oil.
As of Sunday night writing the following points summarize where we are:
Talks breakdown Greece’s Tsipras calls for a July 5th referendum vote enraging EU creditors The ECB freezes the emergency funding lifeline Greece will default on their E1.6Bn IMF payment due Greece closes its markets this week Greece closes banks and imposes capital controls until […]
Global interest rate concerns from last week continue but tone is better today after Friday’s relief rally and weaker US Payroll data. Thus far this AM market action shows a muted follow through however from Friday’s price action.
China’s rate cut last night was not a surprise to us but seems to be something others are […]
Vol leads the market lower. The market seems to run into trouble every-time we hit 13 on the VOX or lower over the last 6 months.
The Brent WTI spread is +2.00$ this Am as talk that gulf production increasing and that downturn in oil prices will have minimal impact on GOM crude according to EIA.
- Beijing plans culture and tech integrated developmentSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-10-17
- All 38 delegations arrive in Beijing for CPC congressSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-10-17
- Chinese police repatriate ‘Red Notice’ fugitive to USSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-10-16
- China announces new gravitational wave observationSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-10-16
- China to pilot lawyer mediation systemSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-10-16
- CPC officials lead poverty relief work in rural ChinaSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-10-16
- Delegates gather in Beijing for key Party congressSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-10-16
- China wins bid to host 2021 WorldSkillsSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-10-16
- College girl’s one-year peacekeeping mission in South SudanSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-10-16
- Beijing shantytowns finish renovation ahead of scheduleSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-10-16
- Xi calls on HK youths to serve HK, countrySource: Xi calls on HK youths to serve HK, countryPublished on 2017-06-30
- Beijing plans culture and tech integrated development