The Chart of the GBP is clearly reveling in the expectation of Remain vote in the Brexit saga but should it be trading at levels it saw last year before the Brexit gambit was a reality?
Rates higher as we wait for Fed minutes. Clearly the short end of the US curve is more fearful of the Fed than the long end.
Emerging markets have now carved back 10.5% from the SPX in the last 2.5 months and has on a relative spread basis moved back to mid-August levels versus the SPX.
Over the weekend China’s leading smart phone manufacture, Hisense announced it will be expanding its offerings of smartphones and TVs into South Africa.
Crude oil gave back its gains from yesterday’s rally. Volatility has picked up once again in the oil patch as traders attempt assess whether there will be enough global demand to cut into the historical surplus that has tankers just sitting off the coast unable to unload its oil.
As of Sunday night writing the following points summarize where we are:
Talks breakdown Greece’s Tsipras calls for a July 5th referendum vote enraging EU creditors The ECB freezes the emergency funding lifeline Greece will default on their E1.6Bn IMF payment due Greece closes its markets this week Greece closes banks and imposes capital controls until […]
Global interest rate concerns from last week continue but tone is better today after Friday’s relief rally and weaker US Payroll data. Thus far this AM market action shows a muted follow through however from Friday’s price action.
China’s rate cut last night was not a surprise to us but seems to be something others are […]
Vol leads the market lower. The market seems to run into trouble every-time we hit 13 on the VOX or lower over the last 6 months.
The Brent WTI spread is +2.00$ this Am as talk that gulf production increasing and that downturn in oil prices will have minimal impact on GOM crude according to EIA.
Get a jump start on this week’s trading with Tim’s thoughts on inflation and how to play it.
- Wikipedia called irresponsible on acupunctureSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-01-19
- Bilingual app will help govt reach outSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-01-19
- China briefs foreign envoys on anti-graft workSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-01-19
- China to speed up modernization of educationSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-01-19
- Mane scores as Senegal become first team to reach Afcon quarter-finalsSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2017-01-19
- Final Trade: URI, TSLA & moreSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-01-19
- American Express raises 2017 EPS guidanceSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-01-19
- IBM falls on earningsSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-01-19
- IPO market thawing in 2017?Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-01-19
- Beer stocks getting trumped?Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-01-19
- Could CAT benefit from Trump’s ‘infrastructure renaissance’?Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-01-19
- JPMorgan boosts Dimon’s pay 3.7% to $28MSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-01-19
- Former Reagan budget director warns of ‘fiscal bloodbath’ under TrumpSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-01-19
- What to trade ahead of the inauguration: 7 playsSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-01-19
- Trump rally’s moment of truth?Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-01-19
- Wikipedia called irresponsible on acupuncture