Emerging markets are weaker as the Dollar hits EMFX while at the same time the Dollar not affecting commodities. A continuation of the delinking between the Dollar, markets, and downward commodity prices?
Lots of talk today on Brazil and a potential move to the right with the (all white and all male) Michael Temer government moving into place. What’s clear is that the market locally has enjoyed the political change and maneuvering and hope of a new fiscal backdrop.
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call Preview June 9, emerging markets (EEM, quote) are enjoying the run from last week’s positive ECB and U.S. payroll numbers but some of the currencies look more interesting than others part of the reason why where seeing outperformance and Latin American certain parts of Asia
Emerging Money Audio Call Preview for Tuesday, June 3 – Emerging Markets (EEM, quote) opening higher, outperforms in Emerging Markets against the S&P this week is our call. Last night’s PMI nonmanufacturing in China (FXI, quote) very constructive when coupled with what we saw over the weekend in the official PMI […]
Emerging Market Funds (combined ETF and non-ETF) squeaked out another positive week for the week ending May 28th to now have strung together an impressive run.
As Emerging Markets push near one year highs, we wanted to refresh our core views on markets, outlook and risks.
Brazil Drought? Well, coffee bulls have not reacted as if there is a drought. U.S. coffee prices have continued to move lower for last two sessions, sending prices to a five week low.
I have received many inquiries on Petrobras in the last few months as the stock scraped lows close to $10.00 ($10.25 actually) as the Ibovespa hit 45K.
After a major rally founded more on expectations of change than actual change, we are cautious on some charts in Brazil.
As we see the US emerge from the winter hibernation (Retail Sales, Industrial Production, Jobless Claims), we are also seeing signs of Emerging Markets recovery on Macro.
- Graduates urged to take positions in rural areasSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-10-26
- Giant pandas arrive in Shennongjia Nature ReserveSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-10-26
- Wild Siberian tiger spotted in NE China forestSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-10-26
- Teacher’s spirit keeps village school openSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-10-26
- Poaching blamed for swans’ death in N. ChinaSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-10-26
- Nine freed hostages arrive in ChinaSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-10-26
- Seawater desalination makes up for water shortageSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-10-26
- CPC meeting on strict governance part of strategySource: China.orgPublished on 2016-10-26
- China’s civil service recruitment: 9837 applicants, 1 jobSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-10-26
- PLA taps online power with Dream ClassSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-10-26
- Traders weigh equipment stocks after Caterpillar’s mixed quarterly resultsSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-10-25
- Final Trade: FL, ESXR & moreSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-10-25
- David Martin: We value companies who know how to use innovationSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-10-25
- Chipotle drops, Panera jumps on earningsSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-10-25
- Apple falls after hoursSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-10-25
- Graduates urged to take positions in rural areas