Emerging markets are weaker as the Dollar hits EMFX while at the same time the Dollar not affecting commodities. A continuation of the delinking between the Dollar, markets, and downward commodity prices?
Lots of talk today on Brazil and a potential move to the right with the (all white and all male) Michael Temer government moving into place. What’s clear is that the market locally has enjoyed the political change and maneuvering and hope of a new fiscal backdrop.
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call Preview June 9, emerging markets (EEM, quote) are enjoying the run from last week’s positive ECB and U.S. payroll numbers but some of the currencies look more interesting than others part of the reason why where seeing outperformance and Latin American certain parts of Asia
Emerging Money Audio Call Preview for Tuesday, June 3 – Emerging Markets (EEM, quote) opening higher, outperforms in Emerging Markets against the S&P this week is our call. Last night’s PMI nonmanufacturing in China (FXI, quote) very constructive when coupled with what we saw over the weekend in the official PMI […]
Emerging Market Funds (combined ETF and non-ETF) squeaked out another positive week for the week ending May 28th to now have strung together an impressive run.
As Emerging Markets push near one year highs, we wanted to refresh our core views on markets, outlook and risks.
Brazil Drought? Well, coffee bulls have not reacted as if there is a drought. U.S. coffee prices have continued to move lower for last two sessions, sending prices to a five week low.
I have received many inquiries on Petrobras in the last few months as the stock scraped lows close to $10.00 ($10.25 actually) as the Ibovespa hit 45K.
After a major rally founded more on expectations of change than actual change, we are cautious on some charts in Brazil.
As we see the US emerge from the winter hibernation (Retail Sales, Industrial Production, Jobless Claims), we are also seeing signs of Emerging Markets recovery on Macro.
- Eight sentenced to up to 15 years for HK abductionSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-07-30
- Xi calls for strong bonding with army, Party and publicSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-07-30
- Traders debate strategy heading into AugustSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-07-29
- Source: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-07-29
- Final trades: Tesoro, Celgene and moreSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-07-29
- Zika to impact travel stocks?Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-07-29
- The unstoppable consumer: Top tradesSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-07-29
- Euro banks stress test resultsSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-07-29
- August swoon coming?Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-07-29
- Watch: Zille says Kunene’s naked DA painting is just free speechSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-07-29
- It is not our song: ANC has no beef trackSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-07-29
- Tutu: What do we do to turn back the tide of hatred‚ corruption and destruction?Source: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-07-29
- Third person held for Simon’s Town naval base robberySource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-07-29
- EFF dumps ‘whites must be hacked and killed’ candidateSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-07-29
- 82 Ekurhuleni pupils treated for possible food poisoningSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-07-29
- Eight sentenced to up to 15 years for HK abduction