Emerging markets are weaker as the Dollar hits EMFX while at the same time the Dollar not affecting commodities. A continuation of the delinking between the Dollar, markets, and downward commodity prices?
Lots of talk today on Brazil and a potential move to the right with the (all white and all male) Michael Temer government moving into place. What’s clear is that the market locally has enjoyed the political change and maneuvering and hope of a new fiscal backdrop.
The London Breakout Strategy or LBS is a simple but effective strategy for both beginners and seasoned traders. This Strategy only requires a couple of trendlines and no fancy or complicated indicators are required to work this strategy.
Emerging markets have now carved back 10.5% from the SPX in the last 2.5 months and has on a relative spread basis moved back to mid-August levels versus the SPX.
Today marks the largest number of U.S. companies reporting earnings and speculation for these earnings are running wild.
Over the weekend China’s leading smart phone manufacture, Hisense announced it will be expanding its offerings of smartphones and TVs into South Africa.
Emerging Money’s Tim Seymour helped subscriber navigate one the most volatile weeks in history.
Last night McDonald’s announced a change at the top replacing CEO Don Thompson with Steve Easterbrook. This move while not unexpected was surprising in the timing, a mere three days after their earnings announcement.
After missing on revenues Alibaba (BABA, quote) is taking a beating that comes when expectations are high. But is the multiple? At current pricing on E’16 BABA trades around 25X EBITDA or a major discount to Amazon.
- Hangzhou hailed as deserving hostSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-08-27
- Kaizer Chiefs knocked out of MTN8 after 1-0 loss to Cape Town CitySource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-08-26
- Traders debate how to play a possible September rate hikeSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-08-26
- Stocks to bark home about: MA, SLV, DG & AVPSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-08-26
- Amazon’s next trillion?Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-08-26
- Levels to watch in the S&PSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-08-26
- Herbalife: Grateful to Icahn and his convictionSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-08-26
- September hike on deck?Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-08-26
- What to buy after the Fed: 3 tradesSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-08-26
- Rescuers rush to aid of whale trapped in fishing rope off the Cape coastSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-08-26
- WATCH: Tiger rescued from ‘world’s worst zoo’ finds new home in South AfricaSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-08-26
- Source: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-08-26
- Tutu on the mend‚ says daughterSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-08-26
- Tear gas as Zimbabwe police beat anti-Mugabe marchersSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-08-26
- Handcuffs‚ not medals for SA man in Brazil cocaine bustSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-08-26
- Hangzhou hailed as deserving host