Emerging Money’s Tim Seymour helped subscriber navigate one the most volatile weeks in history.
Last night McDonald’s announced a change at the top replacing CEO Don Thompson with Steve Easterbrook. This move while not unexpected was surprising in the timing, a mere three days after their earnings announcement.
After missing on revenues Alibaba (BABA, quote) is taking a beating that comes when expectations are high. But is the multiple? At current pricing on E’16 BABA trades around 25X EBITDA or a major discount to Amazon.
We have made our view on Volatility very clear for months: We said you wanted to trade it and own it when it got cheap because we were entering an extended period of heightened volatility.
I have often talked about how Emerging Markets correlate very highly with small cap stocks in the U.S. for a couple reasons:
Tim tells Fast Money viewers to sell Potash (POT, quote) positions during the show’s Final Trade segment. Emerging Money readers heard the sell call first seven hours prior right here in Tim’s Potash update.
Concerns over the viability of Portugal’s largest banks, Banco Banco Espirito Santo, Popolare and Unicredit have sent market participants once again to the safety of gold. As result gold future hit 3 months highs in today’s session.
As we move into the final stretch of the first week of June, market participants find U.S. economic reports at best mixed. ADP Jobs numbers fell short of expectations (179k vs, 210k) and analysts are now wondering when we are going to see stronger recovery numbers.
Emerging Money Audio Call Preview global market rallying higher while Emerging Markets (EEM, quote) are underperforming our levels on spread we indicated look to be right to take profits. However, we still want to be long this trade.
We may look back at today’s price action in India and say this was the day that initiated the pullback we have been calling far.
- Your first look for Tuesday, September 8Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-09-04
- May the force be with you: 2 Star Wars tradesSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-09-04
- How to buy protectionSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-09-04
- Fast Money final trade: .SSEC, Fed, Yen & BXSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-09-04
- Apple can change the TV game: AnalystSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-09-04
- Top Trades: Chipotle, Domino’s, and DisneySource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-09-04
- May the Force be with you: 4 Star Wars tradesSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-09-04
- Fed proof your portfolioSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-09-04
- Correction is déjà vu all over again: TechnicianSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-09-04
- Source: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2015-09-04
- Troop cuts signal path of peaceful developmentSource: China.orgPublished on 2015-09-04
- Malawi ‘Cashgate’ scandal official jailed for 11 yearsSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2015-09-04
- Historical differences not to affect cross-Strait tiesSource: China.orgPublished on 2015-09-04
- 71 migrants in Austria lorry ‘suffocated in no time at all’: policeSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2015-09-04
- Putin Dubs European Migrant Crisis ‘Predictable’Source: The Moscow TimesPublished on 2015-09-04
- Your first look for Tuesday, September 8