Emerging Money Daily Audio Call Preview July 10 – as we settlement into mid-day in the U.S. investors have come to realize two; the events in Portugal Espirito Santo are largely one off and largely the result of an institution with significant cross holdings but the positioning is what this is about.
As we see the US emerge from the winter hibernation (Retail Sales, Industrial Production, Jobless Claims), we are also seeing signs of Emerging Markets recovery on Macro.
Your Ticket to Investing in Emerging Markets Smarter than the MSCI EM Index.
Hello Emerging Money Audio Call Subscribers. On the call today we will review the rally in Brazil and the concerns surrounding the currency.
The Emerging Money EM FX Basket (EMFXB) is a GDP weighted index comprised of the eight most volatile primary currencies in EM.
Those EM “have’s” with exposure to either falling commodities, current account issues, political turmoil, or all of the above, are taking down all EM countries, even those who do not have (“have not”) the same exposure to such factors.
EM down 5% since the surprise China PMI contracting print.
On Tuesday I will do a piece on CNBC Street Signs (2pm) on investing in Mexico as we cover overall investing in the “MINTs” (Mexico, Indonesia Nigeria, Turkey). Mexico is your safest bet.
- Shanghai phone booths get new literary lease of lifeSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-21
- For visually impaired, Braille no longer kingSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-21
- Media leaders stress new technology roleSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-21
- Savior of strays runs animal farmSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-21
- Smuggling suspect returned to ChinaSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-21
- Women diagnosed with breast cancer at younger ageSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-21
- China restores ecosystem along its longest inland riverSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-21
- Loose management behind fatal coal mine accidentSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-21
- Book highlights Xi’s seven years in Shaanxi villageSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-21
- Need a bodyguard? App is comingSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-21
- Xi calls on HK youths to serve HK, countrySource: Xi calls on HK youths to serve HK, countryPublished on 2017-06-30
- Shanghai phone booths get new literary lease of life