Emerging Money Daily Audio Call Preview July 10 – as we settlement into mid-day in the U.S. investors have come to realize two; the events in Portugal Espirito Santo are largely one off and largely the result of an institution with significant cross holdings but the positioning is what this is about.
As we see the US emerge from the winter hibernation (Retail Sales, Industrial Production, Jobless Claims), we are also seeing signs of Emerging Markets recovery on Macro.
Your Ticket to Investing in Emerging Markets Smarter than the MSCI EM Index.
Hello Emerging Money Audio Call Subscribers. On the call today we will review the rally in Brazil and the concerns surrounding the currency.
The Emerging Money EM FX Basket (EMFXB) is a GDP weighted index comprised of the eight most volatile primary currencies in EM.
Those EM “have’s” with exposure to either falling commodities, current account issues, political turmoil, or all of the above, are taking down all EM countries, even those who do not have (“have not”) the same exposure to such factors.
EM down 5% since the surprise China PMI contracting print.
On Tuesday I will do a piece on CNBC Street Signs (2pm) on investing in Mexico as we cover overall investing in the “MINTs” (Mexico, Indonesia Nigeria, Turkey). Mexico is your safest bet.
- AlphaGo beats top Go player in first of three gamesSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-05-23
- Battle between China’s Go champion and computer beginsSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-05-23
- Antarctic capacity will be boostedSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-05-23
- New rules cause hassles for fliersSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-05-23
- China stresses law enforcement on solid waste managementSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-05-23
- Submersible Jiaolong to carry journalist into Mariana TrenchSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-05-22
- New technology allows shoppers to pay with their facesSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-05-22
- AlphaGo beats top Go player in first of three games