Investors need to look closely at the chart of the commodity index (CRB) for a fresh break of the 200dma to the upside that if sustained will be the first time the index has traded above this key technical level since August 2014 or just after the rout in oil began to gain steam.
Despite a higher USD today and an expectation that the Fed could re-introduce some hawkish language, oil trades higher. We are now 50% off a bottom that people said was going lower.
Crude oil traders’ sentiment strengthen on comments from ECB President Draghi yesterday in which the ECB will be “reexamine“ monetary policy.
Overall on the market and the Fed:
Clearly the last week has been “Risk-on”! Both equity & bond funds saw record inflows for first time in 10 weeks as NO FED clearly coming into focus ( not our focus per se but the market’s” Without the Fed, Dollar can stay weak and inflows continue […]
Crude oil gave back its gains from yesterday’s rally. Volatility has picked up once again in the oil patch as traders attempt assess whether there will be enough global demand to cut into the historical surplus that has tankers just sitting off the coast unable to unload its oil.
What does oil’s rally mean for stocks and the economy with Mohamed El-Erian, Allianz chief economic advisor.
Emerging Money’s Tim Seymour helped subscriber navigate one the most volatile weeks in history.
As U.S. market participants started a new week they found Yuan pegged to basically the same level to the U.S. Dollar as it was last week Friday.
Yet another perfect storm is setting up in the oil patch adding additional downward pressure on WTI Crude oil.
- Senior manager suspended over sexual harassmentSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-12-09
- Fake passport used for 17 yearsSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-12-09
- Suspect investigated despite lost murder fileSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-12-09
- Foreigner donates rare blood typeSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-12-09
- 2 injured after 6.2 magnitude quake hits XinjiangSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-12-09
- PLA marks 70th anni. of recovering S. China Sea IslandsSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-12-09
- Citron’s Left says Trump should go after ‘low-hanging fruit’ like Express ScriptsSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-12-08
- Final Trade: FCX, BURL & moreSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-12-08
- Hedge fund titan Marc Lasry on Trump RallySource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-12-08
- Retail jumps on optimistic economySource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-12-08
- Someone quickly made almost $3 million off of a short sellers’ tweetSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-12-08
- Options Action: How to hedge your winnersSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-12-08
- Positioning into year-endSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-12-08
- Left: Pharma are the new banks, banks are the new pharmaSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-12-08
- Left on Express Scripts: The person behind the person keeping drug prices highSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-12-08
- Senior manager suspended over sexual harassment