Investors need to look closely at the chart of the commodity index (CRB) for a fresh break of the 200dma to the upside that if sustained will be the first time the index has traded above this key technical level since August 2014 or just after the rout in oil began to gain steam.
Despite a higher USD today and an expectation that the Fed could re-introduce some hawkish language, oil trades higher. We are now 50% off a bottom that people said was going lower.
Crude oil traders’ sentiment strengthen on comments from ECB President Draghi yesterday in which the ECB will be “reexamine“ monetary policy.
Overall on the market and the Fed:
Clearly the last week has been “Risk-on”! Both equity & bond funds saw record inflows for first time in 10 weeks as NO FED clearly coming into focus ( not our focus per se but the market’s” Without the Fed, Dollar can stay weak and inflows continue […]
Crude oil gave back its gains from yesterday’s rally. Volatility has picked up once again in the oil patch as traders attempt assess whether there will be enough global demand to cut into the historical surplus that has tankers just sitting off the coast unable to unload its oil.
What does oil’s rally mean for stocks and the economy with Mohamed El-Erian, Allianz chief economic advisor.
Emerging Money’s Tim Seymour helped subscriber navigate one the most volatile weeks in history.
As U.S. market participants started a new week they found Yuan pegged to basically the same level to the U.S. Dollar as it was last week Friday.
Yet another perfect storm is setting up in the oil patch adding additional downward pressure on WTI Crude oil.
- China seeks breakthroughs in combatting smogSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-04-26
- Your first trade for Wednesday, April 26Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-04-26
- Senior lawmakers review draft law, resolutionsSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-04-26
- Vice Anhui governor under investigationSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-04-26
- 3 investigated for damaging valuable tourist siteSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-04-26
- Which stocks to buy as earnings season heats upSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-04-25
- Wynn jumps on earnings beatSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-04-25
- AT&T CEO: Been an amazing few months in our industrySource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-04-25
- Gartman: Trump’s stance on trade ‘absolutely, utterly incorrect’Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-04-25
- Republican leaders meet on taxesSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-04-25
- Chipotle: Our actions have stopped ‘unauthorized activity’Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-04-25
- Fundstrat: 3 Nasdaq names to buySource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-04-25
- Is the Trump rally being vindicated by earnings season?Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-04-25
- China seeks breakthroughs in combatting smog