Emerging Money Daily Audio Call December 18 – On today’s call we ask the question – is the negative market reaction of the last 2 days a function of market’s feeling the Fed should not have hiked with macro data trending downward or is the market just concerned the Fed is more hawkish than was […]
We have seen EM outperform SPX for periods of time over the last few years only to ultimately reverse course and then probe to new lows. In the last 5 markets sessions EEM has outperformed the SPX by 3.98%.
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call November 17 – Global markets are working off oversold conditions but not moving higher on a change in macro and global growth prospects.
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call November 13 – Global equities are weighing the potential for a Fed move in December against US macro that disappoints – see today’s US retail Sales.
Overall on the market and the Fed:
Clearly the last week has been “Risk-on”! Both equity & bond funds saw record inflows for first time in 10 weeks as NO FED clearly coming into focus ( not our focus per se but the market’s” Without the Fed, Dollar can stay weak and inflows continue […]
With less than 24 hours to go until Thursday’s Fed meeting, the “Fast Money” traders highlighted some areas which could see a reaction.
Australia saw another increase in employment which may very well keep the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) holding at its current policy, possibly through the rest of 2015.
China: Tell me what I don’t know. Casual China players are focused on last night’s PMI and were focused on recent flash PMI 2 weeks (47.1 and subsequent 3.1% fall in the SPX) ago in ways they have never before because someone erroneously told them to connect the dots between the struggling stock market and […]
While I will be quick to point out that I expect volatility to test last week’s highs again before the end of October there is a decent argument that Emerging Markets may be getting close to a turn after 5 years of sputtering in the face of the Feds global liquidity fantasy camp. “Capitulation” is […]
- Oversupply sends miners home for holiday reunionSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-02-10
- China detects first imported case of Zika virusSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-02-10
- Trading media stocks on big Disney beatSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-02-09
- Be my sugar plumSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-02-09
- Some songs with a bit of gridironSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-02-09
- Definitive ruling will strike a resounding blow for governanceSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-02-09
- The Big Read: I’m white: So what exactly is my role?Source: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-02-09
- Your first trade for Wednesday, February 10Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-02-09
- Final Trade: XLU, DIS & moreSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-02-09
- 5 stocks to hideout inSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-02-09
- Buy the banks?! Here’s why: ProSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-02-09
- Disney needs to shift gears: AnalystSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-02-09
- Would you rather: Procter & Gamble or Google?Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-02-09
- Better value in growth stocks?Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-02-09
- Key levels to watch in the S&P 500Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-02-09
- Oversupply sends miners home for holiday reunion