With Emerging Market equities on a tear and outperforming the worlds developed market equity markets by a significant margin YTD (+1470bps to the SPX), they are suddenly target of the bears who argue this is just a bounce from oversold conditions.
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call September 25 – This week markets are confronting the fallout from German elections which were not the slam dunk they were supposed to be and the impact this will have on the US Dollar,
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call September 21 – The day after the Fed, markets are telling us that there is some sense of relief the Fed wasn’t more hawkish ( which was the early response) even though we have a higher probability of a December hike.
Fed is out this afternoon and while we do not expect an overly aggressive Fed,
Emerging Money daily Audio Call May 23 – Europe remains the economic engine of the world or at least the place with the best economic prospects.
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call March 30 – What a difference a week makes when looking at the bounce across multiple asset classes that include Small Caps, Rates, High Yield, and Oil.
Today’s chart highlights where markets sit in the context of recent volatility, but very distant memories. The focus is High Yield Credit.
Janet Yellen gave Dollar Bears ammunition to look to the charts. Dollar Bulls are in abundance but that may be the problem. Once again the USD is an overweight long that despite the obvious presence of the Fed can’t get out of its way.
The MSCI EM (MXEF) Index has rallied 9.2% off the lows in December and has outperformed the SPX by 8% during that time.
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call January 18 – Today we are reporting again from Asia and as Davos continues the global political dynamics continue to unfold with a strong endorsement for globalization being fought by unlikely characters(China).
- Xinjiang to make free high school universalSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-11-20
- Shanghai hospital banks breast milkSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-11-20
- Lack of drone rules raises concernsSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-11-20
- Chinese retiree becomes model ship masterSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-11-20
- Alibaba wins case over fake reviews, salesSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-11-20
- China plans to install, upgrade 64,000 toilets at tourist sitesSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-11-20
- Unique quarry hotel starts to take shapeSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-11-20
- Law curtails unfair app competitionSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-11-20
- Tibetans celebrate New Year after strong earthquakeSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-11-20
- Authority investigates TB outbreakSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-11-20
- Xi calls on HK youths to serve HK, countrySource: Xi calls on HK youths to serve HK, countryPublished on 2017-06-30
- Xinjiang to make free high school universal