Emerging Money’s Tim Seymour helped subscriber navigate one the most volatile weeks in history.
Last night McDonald’s announced a change at the top replacing CEO Don Thompson with Steve Easterbrook. This move while not unexpected was surprising in the timing, a mere three days after their earnings announcement.
It’s not easy to wake up today and buy anything. Looking at duration risk, credit risk, currency volume that is unnatural, and U.S. markets that have run for six years on the equity side.
Looking at the chart below we find the price for the emerging market ETF – EEM on its own outright and on the spread against the SPY ETF. The later we often refer to as the “EM/DM Spread”.
Emerging Markets (EEM, quote) trading lower today on a series of macro issues and market specific dynamics. Much of the weakness has been follow through from a weaker Asia session and developed markets which frankly look to be in no man’s land technically.
Last night, Tim was on CNBC Asia talking about China and reiterating that China is not a macro call as much as you are looking for bottom consumption plays.
Disney, a true global franchise brand that has never had a bigger global stage for its Studio and Parks and Resorts products.
Your Ticket to Investing in Emerging Markets Smarter than the MSCI EM Index. The Emerging Money EM Country Allocator Index (EMCAI) is a snapshot of Emerging Markets via a top down country allocation, providing a dynamic, broad-based look at Emerging Markets through country specific ETF’s.
Folks, with today’s underperformance of EM vs DM (the world) we would like to highlight the extreme nature of not only the techincals, but also the techincals of the fundamentals.
- More flights for winter tourist season in NE China airportSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-10-21
- Foreign journalists deem nation’s progress impressiveSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-10-21
- China bags 15 golds at WorldSkills contestSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-10-21
- Xiamen promotes green delivery ahead of online shopping bonanzaSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-10-20
- 19th CPC National Congress election methods approvedSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-10-20
- WWF publishes Shanghai urban environment nature guidebookSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-10-20
- CPC national congress shows more openness, transparencySource: China.orgPublished on 2017-10-20
- Xi’s report at key CPC meeting further strengthens global confidence in ChinaSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-10-20
- China to divert more water from Yangtze River to ShandongSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-10-19
- Xi calls on HK youths to serve HK, countrySource: Xi calls on HK youths to serve HK, countryPublished on 2017-06-30
- More flights for winter tourist season in NE China airport