Emerging Money’s Tim Seymour helped subscriber navigate one the most volatile weeks in history.
Last night McDonald’s announced a change at the top replacing CEO Don Thompson with Steve Easterbrook. This move while not unexpected was surprising in the timing, a mere three days after their earnings announcement.
It’s not easy to wake up today and buy anything. Looking at duration risk, credit risk, currency volume that is unnatural, and U.S. markets that have run for six years on the equity side.
Looking at the chart below we find the price for the emerging market ETF – EEM on its own outright and on the spread against the SPY ETF. The later we often refer to as the “EM/DM Spread”.
Emerging Markets (EEM, quote) trading lower today on a series of macro issues and market specific dynamics. Much of the weakness has been follow through from a weaker Asia session and developed markets which frankly look to be in no man’s land technically.
Last night, Tim was on CNBC Asia talking about China and reiterating that China is not a macro call as much as you are looking for bottom consumption plays.
Disney, a true global franchise brand that has never had a bigger global stage for its Studio and Parks and Resorts products.
Your Ticket to Investing in Emerging Markets Smarter than the MSCI EM Index. The Emerging Money EM Country Allocator Index (EMCAI) is a snapshot of Emerging Markets via a top down country allocation, providing a dynamic, broad-based look at Emerging Markets through country specific ETF’s.
Folks, with today’s underperformance of EM vs DM (the world) we would like to highlight the extreme nature of not only the techincals, but also the techincals of the fundamentals.
- Can Hyundai beat Mercedes and BMW at their own game?Source: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-07-23
- Colour is power for brightly-dressed QueenSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-07-23
- Researchers successfully block colon cancer tumor growthSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-07-23
- Doomed EgyptAir flight broke up midair after fire: reportSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-07-23
- ‘Lone’ Munich shooter kills nine, commits suicideSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-07-23
- 26 killed, 34 missing in Hebei stormsSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-07-23
- Authorities working on plan to delay retirementsSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-07-23
- President Xi calls for better supervision of reform effortsSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-07-23
- China starts inspection of vaccinationsSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-07-23
- Munich police investigating whether shooter among deadSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-07-22
- Buying Yahoo unlikely to ‘move the needle’ for Verizon, traders saySource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-07-22
- In Pictures: Gunmen launch deadly attack on Munich shopping mallSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-07-22
- Stocks above politicsSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-07-22
- Trump vs. Clinton: Who is better for stocks?Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-07-22
- Verizon 2.0?Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-07-22
- Can Hyundai beat Mercedes and BMW at their own game?