Emerging Money’s Tim Seymour helped subscriber navigate one the most volatile weeks in history.
Last night McDonald’s announced a change at the top replacing CEO Don Thompson with Steve Easterbrook. This move while not unexpected was surprising in the timing, a mere three days after their earnings announcement.
It’s not easy to wake up today and buy anything. Looking at duration risk, credit risk, currency volume that is unnatural, and U.S. markets that have run for six years on the equity side.
Looking at the chart below we find the price for the emerging market ETF – EEM on its own outright and on the spread against the SPY ETF. The later we often refer to as the “EM/DM Spread”.
Emerging Markets (EEM, quote) trading lower today on a series of macro issues and market specific dynamics. Much of the weakness has been follow through from a weaker Asia session and developed markets which frankly look to be in no man’s land technically.
Last night, Tim was on CNBC Asia talking about China and reiterating that China is not a macro call as much as you are looking for bottom consumption plays.
Disney, a true global franchise brand that has never had a bigger global stage for its Studio and Parks and Resorts products.
Your Ticket to Investing in Emerging Markets Smarter than the MSCI EM Index. The Emerging Money EM Country Allocator Index (EMCAI) is a snapshot of Emerging Markets via a top down country allocation, providing a dynamic, broad-based look at Emerging Markets through country specific ETF’s.
Folks, with today’s underperformance of EM vs DM (the world) we would like to highlight the extreme nature of not only the techincals, but also the techincals of the fundamentals.
- Wikipedia called irresponsible on acupunctureSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-01-19
- Bilingual app will help govt reach outSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-01-19
- China briefs foreign envoys on anti-graft workSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-01-19
- China to speed up modernization of educationSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-01-19
- Mane scores as Senegal become first team to reach Afcon quarter-finalsSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2017-01-19
- Final Trade: URI, TSLA & moreSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-01-19
- American Express raises 2017 EPS guidanceSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-01-19
- IBM falls on earningsSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-01-19
- IPO market thawing in 2017?Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-01-19
- Beer stocks getting trumped?Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-01-19
- Could CAT benefit from Trump’s ‘infrastructure renaissance’?Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-01-19
- JPMorgan boosts Dimon’s pay 3.7% to $28MSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-01-19
- Former Reagan budget director warns of ‘fiscal bloodbath’ under TrumpSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-01-19
- What to trade ahead of the inauguration: 7 playsSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-01-19
- Trump rally’s moment of truth?Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-01-19
- Wikipedia called irresponsible on acupuncture