Emerging Money’s Tim Seymour helped subscriber navigate one the most volatile weeks in history.
Last night McDonald’s announced a change at the top replacing CEO Don Thompson with Steve Easterbrook. This move while not unexpected was surprising in the timing, a mere three days after their earnings announcement.
It’s not easy to wake up today and buy anything. Looking at duration risk, credit risk, currency volume that is unnatural, and U.S. markets that have run for six years on the equity side.
Looking at the chart below we find the price for the emerging market ETF – EEM on its own outright and on the spread against the SPY ETF. The later we often refer to as the “EM/DM Spread”.
Emerging Markets (EEM, quote) trading lower today on a series of macro issues and market specific dynamics. Much of the weakness has been follow through from a weaker Asia session and developed markets which frankly look to be in no man’s land technically.
Last night, Tim was on CNBC Asia talking about China and reiterating that China is not a macro call as much as you are looking for bottom consumption plays.
Disney, a true global franchise brand that has never had a bigger global stage for its Studio and Parks and Resorts products.
Your Ticket to Investing in Emerging Markets Smarter than the MSCI EM Index. The Emerging Money EM Country Allocator Index (EMCAI) is a snapshot of Emerging Markets via a top down country allocation, providing a dynamic, broad-based look at Emerging Markets through country specific ETF’s.
Folks, with today’s underperformance of EM vs DM (the world) we would like to highlight the extreme nature of not only the techincals, but also the techincals of the fundamentals.
- Beijing 8th cheapest city in the world for cab fareSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-18
- Smart unmanned capsule hotel opens in ChongqingSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-18
- China moves to standardize recycling industrySource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-18
- China audit finds poverty relief funds idleSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-18
- House reconstruction begins in quake-hit XinjiangSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-18
- Air routes adjusted to protect largest radio telescopeSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-18
- Death toll rises to 8 in deadly coal mine landslideSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-18
- China warns of geological disasters in some regionSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-18
- HK Occupy Central student leaders jailedSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-18
- Fighter lands safely after catching fireSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-18
- Your first trade for Thursday, August 17Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-08-17
- Here’s how to build your cryptocurrency portfolioSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-08-16
- Tech legend Roger McNamee says a streaming bubble may be brewingSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-08-16
- Axios co-founder Jim VandeHei: What losing business support means for Trump’s agendaSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-08-16
- Big business just dumped the business PresidentSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-08-16
- Beijing 8th cheapest city in the world for cab fare