Emerging Money’s Tim Seymour helped subscriber navigate one the most volatile weeks in history.
Last night McDonald’s announced a change at the top replacing CEO Don Thompson with Steve Easterbrook. This move while not unexpected was surprising in the timing, a mere three days after their earnings announcement.
It’s not easy to wake up today and buy anything. Looking at duration risk, credit risk, currency volume that is unnatural, and U.S. markets that have run for six years on the equity side.
Looking at the chart below we find the price for the emerging market ETF – EEM on its own outright and on the spread against the SPY ETF. The later we often refer to as the “EM/DM Spread”.
Emerging Markets (EEM, quote) trading lower today on a series of macro issues and market specific dynamics. Much of the weakness has been follow through from a weaker Asia session and developed markets which frankly look to be in no man’s land technically.
Last night, Tim was on CNBC Asia talking about China and reiterating that China is not a macro call as much as you are looking for bottom consumption plays.
Disney, a true global franchise brand that has never had a bigger global stage for its Studio and Parks and Resorts products.
Your Ticket to Investing in Emerging Markets Smarter than the MSCI EM Index. The Emerging Money EM Country Allocator Index (EMCAI) is a snapshot of Emerging Markets via a top down country allocation, providing a dynamic, broad-based look at Emerging Markets through country specific ETF’s.
Folks, with today’s underperformance of EM vs DM (the world) we would like to highlight the extreme nature of not only the techincals, but also the techincals of the fundamentals.
- Boobs and booty: Lexi flaunts it all!Source: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-10-22
- China to improve nursing services for seniorsSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-10-22
- China rejects 30 drug applications due to data fabricationSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-10-22
- Over 800 punished for graft in environmental issuesSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-10-22
- Xi stresses confidence in China’s path, but no complacencySource: China.orgPublished on 2016-10-22
- Highlands Park book quarterfinal place with 2-0 win over ChippaSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-10-21
- Traders weigh media stocks on Time Warner, AT&T deal chatterSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-10-21
- Final Trade: PLCE, CHS & moreSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-10-21
- High fashion goes high techSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-10-21
- Moffett on AT&T/TWX: Flimsy logic of vertical integrationSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-10-21
- Are media stocks cheap?Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-10-21
- Are media stocks cheap? 4 tradesSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-10-21
- Missing European craft ‘crashed’ into Mars: ESA to AFPSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-10-21
- ‘Chemical incident’ shuts down London City airportSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-10-21
- R7.9 million heroin bust at Mozambique border postSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-10-21
- Boobs and booty: Lexi flaunts it all!