As the SPX rallies to a fresh record today on better macro globally and a continuation of a cyclically rally that is encouraging higher rates, technicals are saying be cautious with the extreme level of optimism.
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call July 21 – On the call today we reference earnings season as we assess how much the SPX and global risk assets can drift higher.
We have been stalwarts on saying the Dollar has peaked for this cycle. We also didn’t factor a Brexit vote into the USD path. Binary or not binary in hindsight that approach seems short sighted. We will take the market we have rather than the one we want which is what we have been doing […]
Using a chart provided by UBS and taken from data from EFPR who compiles an amazing amount of information on fund flows within the investment community and particularly insightful on EM, we want to assess where the opportunities for rotation, beating the index, and where we think investors are offsides.
Gold has suffered a swift 5.5% move in 7 sessions on the back of the Fed and some signs of more active policy. The Dollar therefore has rallied 4% on the DXY and Gold therefore gets killed right?
Biggest beneficiary of waning Brexit fear is Europe. IFO today in Germany better than expected and overall sentiment still on defensive despite ECB ready to roll out more Euros.
Was this a Fed scare or just “getting on with it”, or neither? The fed did not change the path that existed for their next policy move as communicated to us after the April meeting.
Rates higher as we wait for Fed minutes. Clearly the short end of the US curve is more fearful of the Fed than the long end.
GLEN, X: Resource names may be building another round of momentum to take out recent highs after a sharp pullback took 25% off the run in names like US Steel.
RUSSELL (IWM): The Russell staged a big move off the lows at 960 and has been consolidating for a few weeks above the important 1075 level ( $108 in the $IWM).
- Chinese expected to make 130 mln trips during coming holidaySource: China.orgPublished on 2017-04-29
- Former Shanghai vice mayor sentenced to 17 years for graftSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-04-29
- China arrests over 4,200 for personal information fraud in 2016Source: China.orgPublished on 2017-04-29
- Endorsing one-China principle only way to break deadlock in cross-strait ties: spokespersonSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-04-29
- SOEs have potential in mass entrepreneurship, innovation: PremierSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-04-29
- Trades to make after the first 100 days of TrumpSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-04-28
- Sundowns cruise to the top of the log with win over ArrowsSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2017-04-28
- Wits keep title hopes alive with win over relegation-threatened Highlands ParkSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2017-04-28
- Conte out to contain threat of ex-Chelsea striker LukakuSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2017-04-28
- Maria Sharapova welcomes new anti-doping drive, happy for more testsSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2017-04-28
- Barcelona to report Malaga president’s offensive tweetSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2017-04-28
- Residents mop up after violent protests over child’s death on a Coligny sunflower farmSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2017-04-28
- SA’s top trending search this week was bipolarSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2017-04-28
- Nothing could deter Nelwamondo’s quest for educationSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2017-04-28
- Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho sets sights on Liverpool and ArsenalSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2017-04-28
- Chinese expected to make 130 mln trips during coming holiday