As the SPX rallies to a fresh record today on better macro globally and a continuation of a cyclically rally that is encouraging higher rates, technicals are saying be cautious with the extreme level of optimism.
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call July 21 – On the call today we reference earnings season as we assess how much the SPX and global risk assets can drift higher.
We have been stalwarts on saying the Dollar has peaked for this cycle. We also didn’t factor a Brexit vote into the USD path. Binary or not binary in hindsight that approach seems short sighted. We will take the market we have rather than the one we want which is what we have been doing […]
Using a chart provided by UBS and taken from data from EFPR who compiles an amazing amount of information on fund flows within the investment community and particularly insightful on EM, we want to assess where the opportunities for rotation, beating the index, and where we think investors are offsides.
Gold has suffered a swift 5.5% move in 7 sessions on the back of the Fed and some signs of more active policy. The Dollar therefore has rallied 4% on the DXY and Gold therefore gets killed right?
Biggest beneficiary of waning Brexit fear is Europe. IFO today in Germany better than expected and overall sentiment still on defensive despite ECB ready to roll out more Euros.
Was this a Fed scare or just “getting on with it”, or neither? The fed did not change the path that existed for their next policy move as communicated to us after the April meeting.
Rates higher as we wait for Fed minutes. Clearly the short end of the US curve is more fearful of the Fed than the long end.
GLEN, X: Resource names may be building another round of momentum to take out recent highs after a sharp pullback took 25% off the run in names like US Steel.
RUSSELL (IWM): The Russell staged a big move off the lows at 960 and has been consolidating for a few weeks above the important 1075 level ( $108 in the $IWM).
- Ackermann names strong match-day 23 for Super Rugby showdown against the CheetahsSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2017-02-23
- Your first trade for Thursday, February 23Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-02-23
- Infectious diseases kill 18,000 Chinese in 2016Source: China.orgPublished on 2017-02-23
- China to step up property tax legislation: officialSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-02-23
- 41 stranded by snow in ChinaSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-02-23
- Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei region to draw ecological ‘red line’Source: China.orgPublished on 2017-02-23
- Survey portrays confidence and concerns of ChineseSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-02-23
- ID tags issued to troops in PLA unitsSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-02-23
- Square dancers in Beijing may face punishment for public disturbanceSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-02-23
- Deadly fire was ‘human error’Source: China.orgPublished on 2017-02-23
- China welcomes US-born panda homeSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-02-22
- Traders discuss how to trade Tesla’s stock after earningsSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-02-22
- Final Trade: AMAT, LB & moreSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-02-22
- Munster: Tesla will continue to move higherSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-02-22
- Tesla CFO Jason Wheeler to depart firm in AprilSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-02-22
- Ackermann names strong match-day 23 for Super Rugby showdown against the Cheetahs