Overall on the market and the Fed:
Clearly the last week has been “Risk-on”! Both equity & bond funds saw record inflows for first time in 10 weeks as NO FED clearly coming into focus ( not our focus per se but the market’s” Without the Fed, Dollar can stay weak and inflows continue […]
Australia saw another increase in employment which may very well keep the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) holding at its current policy, possibly through the rest of 2015.
China was off 91bps last night which is a calm night by recent standards. Say what you want about China and the Chinese local market but despite all the volatility and fear the index has actually held the 200dma on the downside.
Gold bugs finally found the strength to push gold slightly higher after 10 days of free fall this morning.
Emerging Markets dances near 5yrs lows, excluding the washout low of the U.S. downgrade in Aug-October 2011 by testing key support yet again.
Markets under control despite resounding OXI from Greece yesterday. As we noted last night the price action is about testing the levels form last week and overall key levels for the indices and macro.
Into the European close, according to DB who is quoting Alco here is the following:
Between Greece and Payrolls and a long holiday weekend it’s not a surprise to see volatility elevated today.
As of Sunday night writing the following points summarize where we are:
Talks breakdown Greece’s Tsipras calls for a July 5th referendum vote enraging EU creditors The ECB freezes the emergency funding lifeline Greece will default on their E1.6Bn IMF payment due Greece closes its markets this week Greece closes banks and imposes capital controls until […]
- Rescuers conclude 13 trapped miners are deadSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-02-06
- Two Chinese ‘Red Notice’ corruption fugitives repatriatedSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-02-06
- Beijing airport opens female-only security checkSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-02-06
- Chinese Premier vows to deepen reformsSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-02-06
- Tianjin blast probe suggests action against 123 peopleSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-02-06
- Chinese naval fleet returns from escort missionsSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-02-06
- Twitter suspends 125,000 terrorism-related accountsSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-02-06
- Employees receive live pigs as New Year’s bonusSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-02-06
- Anti-smoking volunteers assaulted in BeijingSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-02-05
- Fireworks explosion kills 8 in SW ChinaSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-02-05
- 3 trades to watch as stock pain continuesSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-02-05
- Fast Money’s surprise Super Bowl adSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-02-05
- Lions Gate earnings plummet, Vice chairman reactsSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-02-05
- Nene quits as an ANC MPSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-02-05
- 3 safe trades in today’s marketSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-02-05
- Rescuers conclude 13 trapped miners are dead