EM equities staging a small comeback versus the SPX in the last couple weeks but only up small off the relative value trend lows of Black Monday. In the last 5 years EM has underperformed the US index by 55% in USD terms.
Discussing global growth problems for Venezuela, Brazil and Russia, with Kathryn Rooney Vera, Bulltick Capital Markets, and Tim Seymour, Triogem Asset Management.
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call July 30 – On the call today we sketch recent Fed meeting and macro data out of Europe and
Between Greece and Payrolls and a long holiday weekend it’s not a surprise to see volatility elevated today.
We start the week after a long holiday weekend in the States with a quick review of key macro charts and themes for markets.
Price action and policy action are a concern for investors who have watched Brazil (EWZ, quote) quietly become one of the better performing EM markets in 2015. After running 26% from Feb 2 on the Ibovespa despite a currency that sold off hard into March (2.60 to 3.30) but rallied back some, you […]
As goes the Dollar as goes volatility and risk assets. After Whirlybird said the Dollar had room to weaken (sort of) we got validation of the call we made BEFORE the Fed: “95 before 110” was the trade named (see Emerging Money last week).
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call March 17 – On the call today we give our Fed preview which means everything we say on markets before the Fed could change after 2:20 this afternoon.
Emerging Money Audio Call March 12 – On the call today we discuss a pullback in volatility as the Dollar runs out of gas but the question is for how long?
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call March 5 – On today’s call we highlight outperformance of Europe and a rebound in global markets today despite Dollars strength that’s pushing EM currencies to the brink.
- Large illegal basement to be backfilled in BeijingSource: China.orgPublished on 2015-11-26
- 90% of adopted Chinese children in U.S. are girlsSource: China.orgPublished on 2015-11-26
- China conducts first mother-daughter womb transplantSource: China.orgPublished on 2015-11-26
- Govt move to Tongzhou set for 2017Source: China.orgPublished on 2015-11-26
- China bars civil servants from heading trade associationsSource: China.orgPublished on 2015-11-26
- Gay sex blamed for rise in young students with HIV/AIDSSource: China.orgPublished on 2015-11-25
- Source: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2015-11-25
- 91 suspects repatriated as China ramps up intl manhuntSource: China.orgPublished on 2015-11-25
- Trading AAPL, HPQ & other discount stocksSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-11-25
- Your first trade for Friday, November 27Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-11-25
- Fast Money Final Trade: EWZ, LULU & moreSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-11-25
- Stocks that deserve a ‘pardon’Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-11-25
- Options Action: Redstone & Viacom’s healthSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-11-25
- Is Sumner Redstone of sound mind?Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-11-25
- Drugmakers drop weightSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-11-25
- Large illegal basement to be backfilled in Beijing