On a special “Brazil Political Crisis” audio blog we recap the events of the last 24 hours, and outline the market impact for investors in the short to medium term.
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call March 27 – What is more surprising about the failure of the Trump Administration and Republican party to get a healthcare bill passed is how the markets waited until well after the fact to show their frustration…
The Tim and the Fast Money traders share their final trades of the day, including Wayfair, Phillips 66 and more.
The Brazilian Real has rallied almost 10% in June despite Brexit and without any major turn in the macro in Brazil.
Emerging markets are weaker as the Dollar hits EMFX while at the same time the Dollar not affecting commodities. A continuation of the delinking between the Dollar, markets, and downward commodity prices?
Lots of talk today on Brazil and a potential move to the right with the (all white and all male) Michael Temer government moving into place. What’s clear is that the market locally has enjoyed the political change and maneuvering and hope of a new fiscal backdrop.
Brazil is a small part of the index in Emerging Markets relative to China or other Asian giants like India (EPI, quote) or Korea (EWY, quote) but it’s clear Brazil is giving investors a reason to envisage change across the asset class.
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call December 1 – On the call today we size up a big week for macro globally with OPEC, ECB, and US Payrolls in center stage
EM equities staging a small comeback versus the SPX in the last couple weeks but only up small off the relative value trend lows of Black Monday. In the last 5 years EM has underperformed the US index by 55% in USD terms.
Discussing global growth problems for Venezuela, Brazil and Russia, with Kathryn Rooney Vera, Bulltick Capital Markets, and Tim Seymour, Triogem Asset Management.
- Chinese billionaire donates 20M yuan for landslide victimsSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-06-25
- 15 found dead in SW China landslide burying 120Source: China.orgPublished on 2017-06-24
- China’s lawyers association signs MOU with Belt, Road nationsSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-06-24
- Xi stresses enhancing rocket launch, test capabilitySource: China.orgPublished on 2017-06-24
- 2 confirmed dead after heavy rain slashes C. ChinaSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-06-24
- Hong Kong’s future will be bright with support of mainland: K. Wah Group chairmanSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-06-24
- 2 pandas to leave for Germany for 15-year researchSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-06-24
- 16 arrested for illegally selling Apple user data in ChinaSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-06-24
- Over 100 buried in southwest China landslideSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-06-24
- 8 ways to trade this week’s extreme moversSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-06-23
- Chinese billionaire donates 20M yuan for landslide victims