The euro is finding a toe hole on speculation that the new Greece government may soften its stance and work with international creditors.
I wanted to give a quick Friday morning update on the currency/commodities markets as we head into the weekend.
Closing our Aussie short a few weeks ago has proven correct.
China Flash PMI from HSBC is at 48.1 lowest in eight months and only one other print worse than this in last 18 months
What was recently their secret weapon to outperforming the S&P on EPS is now a headwind but is it a hurricane?
LONG the US Dollar was a trade that for much of 2013 was a consensus view, but to many this trade failed despite the backdrop of a stronger US economy and the Fed in the wings to taper.
We have chronicled the structural condition of the Australian Dollar for 9 months on EmergingMoney.com pointing out that a combination of weaker Chinese commodity demand and local interest rate policy (driven by China’s impact on the economy) were going to pressure the Aussie to multiyear lows.
- Two Chinese ‘Red Notice’ corruption fugitives repatriatedSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-02-06
- Beijing airport opens female-only security checkSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-02-06
- Chinese Premier vows to deepen reformsSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-02-06
- Tianjin blast probe suggests action against 123 peopleSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-02-06
- Chinese naval fleet returns from escort missionsSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-02-06
- Twitter suspends 125,000 terrorism-related accountsSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-02-06
- Employees receive live pigs as New Year’s bonusSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-02-06
- Anti-smoking volunteers assaulted in BeijingSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-02-05
- Fireworks explosion kills 8 in SW ChinaSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-02-05
- Record-high travel expected during Spring Festival holidaySource: China.orgPublished on 2016-02-05
- 3 trades to watch as stock pain continuesSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-02-05
- Fast Money’s surprise Super Bowl adSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-02-05
- Lions Gate earnings plummet, Vice chairman reactsSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-02-05
- Nene quits as an ANC MPSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-02-05
- 3 safe trades in today’s marketSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-02-05
- Two Chinese ‘Red Notice’ corruption fugitives repatriated