For effectively 5 years Japans 10year benchmark has traded below the 200dma taking with it yields around the world. Japanese institutional investors are one of the biggest groups of investors who influence the flow of large insurance, pension, endowment and municipal allocations.
Chinese macro has been struggling for arguably four years but it’s important to look at trends that are interesting below the surface. Many people we hear from express some fresh concern about China’s slowing growth.
Emerging Markets dances near 5yrs lows, excluding the washout low of the U.S. downgrade in Aug-October 2011 by testing key support yet again.
Markets under control despite resounding OXI from Greece yesterday. As we noted last night the price action is about testing the levels form last week and overall key levels for the indices and macro.
Source CNBC.Com’s Leslie Shaffer – The Bank of Japan’s (BOJ) Tankan survey showed the country’s large manufacturers are more optimistic than expected, with the index hitting its highest level since March 2014, before a sales tax hike took effect.
..short small cap stocks in the US if you feel we are truly seeing a rates adjustment (even if this is not a global credit event?). The Russell 2000 is the index of small cap stocks and one that has rallied 4.4% off the lows of early May to through yesterday while the SPX has […]
Is the China run over? Carson Block of Muddy Waters Research, says buyers beware.
Global interest rate concerns from last week continue but tone is better today after Friday’s relief rally and weaker US Payroll data. Thus far this AM market action shows a muted follow through however from Friday’s price action.
China’s rate cut last night was not a surprise to us but seems to be something others are […]
Alibaba reports BMO tomorrow and is down 3% today on claims that the government regulator is concerned with fraud and oversight. Buy the dip?
Emerging Money Daily Audio Preview Call – Friday, January 16 – On the call today we get into emerging markets currencies that are actually doing your heavy lifting for you at a time when the U.S. dollar is heading to six year highs on the DXY.
- WATCH: Boity’s gym game is bossSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2017-01-22
- Zonke gives fans a glimpse of her R2.1 million car collectionSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2017-01-22
- Huang Xingguo under graft investigationSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-01-22
- PLA helicopter crashes during night trainingSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-01-22
- 12 feared dead in central China landslideSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-01-22
- Chinese surgeons use 3D printer in pediatric heart surgerySource: China.orgPublished on 2017-01-21
- Beer giant AB InBev trims the fat at SABMillerSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2017-01-21
- Angry Kuga owners get bad news as PR disaster escalates for carmakerSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2017-01-21
- Guptas to sue Gordhan for ‘plotting’ to ruin themSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2017-01-21
- Egypt snatch late winner to eliminate UgandaSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2017-01-21
- Trump to preside over a ‘fiscal bloodbath’ instead of Reagan ‘reincarnation’: StockmanSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-01-21
- Gyan steers Ghana into Africa Cup of Nations quarter-finalsSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2017-01-21
- Web users select China’s ‘Good Samaritans’Source: China.orgPublished on 2017-01-21
- Chinese gov’t to cut more red-tapeSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-01-21
- Beijing’s neighbor bans straw burning for cleaner airSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-01-21
- WATCH: Boity’s gym game is boss