For effectively 5 years Japans 10year benchmark has traded below the 200dma taking with it yields around the world. Japanese institutional investors are one of the biggest groups of investors who influence the flow of large insurance, pension, endowment and municipal allocations.
Chinese macro has been struggling for arguably four years but it’s important to look at trends that are interesting below the surface. Many people we hear from express some fresh concern about China’s slowing growth.
Emerging Markets dances near 5yrs lows, excluding the washout low of the U.S. downgrade in Aug-October 2011 by testing key support yet again.
Markets under control despite resounding OXI from Greece yesterday. As we noted last night the price action is about testing the levels form last week and overall key levels for the indices and macro.
Source CNBC.Com’s Leslie Shaffer – The Bank of Japan’s (BOJ) Tankan survey showed the country’s large manufacturers are more optimistic than expected, with the index hitting its highest level since March 2014, before a sales tax hike took effect.
..short small cap stocks in the US if you feel we are truly seeing a rates adjustment (even if this is not a global credit event?). The Russell 2000 is the index of small cap stocks and one that has rallied 4.4% off the lows of early May to through yesterday while the SPX has […]
Is the China run over? Carson Block of Muddy Waters Research, says buyers beware.
Global interest rate concerns from last week continue but tone is better today after Friday’s relief rally and weaker US Payroll data. Thus far this AM market action shows a muted follow through however from Friday’s price action.
China’s rate cut last night was not a surprise to us but seems to be something others are […]
Alibaba reports BMO tomorrow and is down 3% today on claims that the government regulator is concerned with fraud and oversight. Buy the dip?
Emerging Money Daily Audio Preview Call – Friday, January 16 – On the call today we get into emerging markets currencies that are actually doing your heavy lifting for you at a time when the U.S. dollar is heading to six year highs on the DXY.
- Chinese expected to make 130 mln trips during coming holidaySource: China.orgPublished on 2017-04-29
- Former Shanghai vice mayor sentenced to 17 years for graftSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-04-29
- China arrests over 4,200 for personal information fraud in 2016Source: China.orgPublished on 2017-04-29
- Endorsing one-China principle only way to break deadlock in cross-strait ties: spokespersonSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-04-29
- SOEs have potential in mass entrepreneurship, innovation: PremierSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-04-29
- Trades to make after the first 100 days of TrumpSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-04-28
- Sundowns cruise to the top of the log with win over ArrowsSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2017-04-28
- Wits keep title hopes alive with win over relegation-threatened Highlands ParkSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2017-04-28
- Conte out to contain threat of ex-Chelsea striker LukakuSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2017-04-28
- Maria Sharapova welcomes new anti-doping drive, happy for more testsSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2017-04-28
- Barcelona to report Malaga president’s offensive tweetSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2017-04-28
- Residents mop up after violent protests over child’s death on a Coligny sunflower farmSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2017-04-28
- SA’s top trending search this week was bipolarSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2017-04-28
- Nothing could deter Nelwamondo’s quest for educationSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2017-04-28
- Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho sets sights on Liverpool and ArsenalSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2017-04-28
- Chinese expected to make 130 mln trips during coming holiday