Chinese macro has been struggling for arguably four years but it’s important to look at trends that are interesting below the surface. Many people we hear from express some fresh concern about China’s slowing growth.
Emerging Markets dances near 5yrs lows, excluding the washout low of the U.S. downgrade in Aug-October 2011 by testing key support yet again.
Markets under control despite resounding OXI from Greece yesterday. As we noted last night the price action is about testing the levels form last week and overall key levels for the indices and macro.
Source CNBC.Com’s Leslie Shaffer – The Bank of Japan’s (BOJ) Tankan survey showed the country’s large manufacturers are more optimistic than expected, with the index hitting its highest level since March 2014, before a sales tax hike took effect.
..short small cap stocks in the US if you feel we are truly seeing a rates adjustment (even if this is not a global credit event?). The Russell 2000 is the index of small cap stocks and one that has rallied 4.4% off the lows of early May to through yesterday while the SPX has […]
Is the China run over? Carson Block of Muddy Waters Research, says buyers beware.
Global interest rate concerns from last week continue but tone is better today after Friday’s relief rally and weaker US Payroll data. Thus far this AM market action shows a muted follow through however from Friday’s price action.
China’s rate cut last night was not a surprise to us but seems to be something others are […]
Alibaba reports BMO tomorrow and is down 3% today on claims that the government regulator is concerned with fraud and oversight. Buy the dip?
Emerging Money Daily Audio Preview Call – Friday, January 16 – On the call today we get into emerging markets currencies that are actually doing your heavy lifting for you at a time when the U.S. dollar is heading to six year highs on the DXY.
- Ramaphosa to shepherd Lesotho exiles homeSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-06-30
- Staring death in the faceSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-06-30
- 2,000 licences to kill: Department registers dangerous ‘pseudo-Quantums’Source: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-06-30
- Security head is graduating with a master’s degreeSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-06-30
- HK bridge ready for pavementSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-06-30
- WWII slave workers reject Mitsubishi settlementSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-06-30
- NGO asks Alibaba to stop selling clapnets for birdsSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-06-30
- National code to ease earthquake damageSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-06-30
- Jewel of idea aims to clear the airSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-06-30
- Extreme weather forecast impossible 10 days in advanceSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-06-30
- Tibetan film director detained after airport scuffleSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-06-30
- Draft regulation allows children rescued from abduction to be adoptedSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-06-30
- Survey: SW migrants worse at parentingSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-06-30
- Traders buying stocks that got thrown out with the Brexit bathwaterSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-06-29
- Robo-advisor CEO: Here’s why I told clients they couldn’t trade in sell-offSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-06-29
- Ramaphosa to shepherd Lesotho exiles home