The attached chart shows the yield on the US 10yr outright over the last 20 years while also putting the relative "steepness" of the US Treasury curve in perspective.
While it is correct to point out the challenges faced by banks in the post-2008 regulatory world and it is arguable that they face other major threats to earnings from "fin-tech" disruption, you can't necessarily say banks are seeing unprecedented pressure on their core lending business from the flat yield curve.
Login to and see how the Emerging Money Team is playing the Yield Curve....or To Subscribe Click Here
- Heavy rain to hit central ChinaSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-20
- Make China greenerSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-20
- Beijing court bans production of air-polluting companySource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-20
- Xi congratulates scientists on expedition to the Qinghai-Tibet PlateauSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-20
- Administration for tiger and leopard national park inauguratedSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-20
- Nation’s first internet court up and runningSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-20
- Xi calls on HK youths to serve HK, countrySource: Xi calls on HK youths to serve HK, countryPublished on 2017-06-30
- Heavy rain to hit central China