The spot price of gold formed an evening star Thursday – Monday sessions singling a return to the bottom of the trading channel.
Gold (GLD, quote) prices pushed of the lows of the channel (albeit a small move) as clarity continues to remain cloudy on weather a Greek bailout will materialize. As we approach the June 30 deadline its looks as both sides are continuing to call each other’s bluff. A default of 1.6 billion euro to the IMF could begin the process of Greece’s exit to the euro zone but it’s not in the interest euro zone members such as Germany to allow an exit.
On the flip side, gold prices have downward pressure from Federal Reserve as market participants try to read the Fed tea leaves surrounding the first rate hike in decade. As gold traders eye higher borrowing rates on the horizon which in turn will strengthen the U.S. dollar and add additional pressure to gold prices, we could see a break of the channel, however, the channel is in control until then.
Bottom Line: Gold is likely to continue within the channel and I want to look to play gold to the upper in the channel after I see a bullish candle formation.
- Chinese retiree becomes model ship masterSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-11-20
- Alibaba wins case over fake reviews, salesSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-11-20
- China plans to install, upgrade 64,000 toilets at tourist sitesSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-11-20
- Unique quarry hotel starts to take shapeSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-11-20
- Law curtails unfair app competitionSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-11-20
- Tibetans celebrate New Year after strong earthquakeSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-11-20
- Authority investigates TB outbreakSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-11-20
- Pension fund to get State assets boostSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-11-20
- Beijing orders city-wide investigation after deadly fireSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-11-19
- China expands smart court systemSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-11-19
- Xi calls on HK youths to serve HK, countrySource: Xi calls on HK youths to serve HK, countryPublished on 2017-06-30
- Chinese retiree becomes model ship master