There is a lot of analysis being spent on how the US (SPX) has decoupled from the rest of the world’s problems and this deviation is either based on better fundamentals or this is a phenomenon that will eventually give way to buckling developed market equities in Europe, Japan, Nasdaq etc.
While I'm not here to fight the fight for the SPX I don’t think traders can say that the US cant trade better than the rest of an asset class when in fact for 5.5 years US equities dominated EM equities. From October 2010 through January 2016 the SPY outperformed the EEM by almost 55%.
We are now focused on the spread between the EEM and the SPY as its clear this trade has changed tone in the last 6 months. EM bottomed versus the SPX on January 15th and since then has outperformed by 780bps. Through the Brexit announcement EM has been very resilient and has outperformed since the initial mark down of assets by 250bps. EEM is outperforming $SPY by 200bps alone today. Additional technical support EEM including a proper head and shoulders bottom formation that has held so far even in the face of the Brexit carnage.
- 2 confirmed dead after heavy rain slashes C. ChinaSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-06-24
- Hong Kong’s future will be bright with support of mainland: K. Wah Group chairmanSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-06-24
- 2 pandas to leave for Germany for 15-year researchSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-06-24
- 16 arrested for illegally selling Apple user data in ChinaSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-06-24
- Over 100 buried in southwest China landslideSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-06-24
- 8 ways to trade this week’s extreme moversSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-06-23
- Xi stresses reform, development, stability during inspection tourSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-06-23
- Third BRICS environment ministers meeting held in ChinaSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-06-23
- Torrential rain affects 390,000 people in C. ChinaSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-06-23
- China’s draft law on supervision submitted for reviewSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-06-23
- Chinese lawmakers call for revision on product quality lawSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-06-23
- 2 confirmed dead after heavy rain slashes C. China