On a special "Brazil Political Crisis" audio blog we recap the events of the last 24 hours, and outline the market impact for investors in the short to medium term. What multinational companies have the most exposure to Brazil? And why should you care about Brazil as a global investor? We address all of these questions for investors.
In summary, Brazil (EWZ, quote) appears dead on arrival for constructive reform agenda anytime before a new presidential election cycle takes place. While 2018 is a long time to wait for political clarity, the events remain fluid and we could see events move swiftly from this point. Brazil has been an overweight trade for locals and EM dedicated investors as the recovery in consumer and banking names punctuated a sense of optimism in the political recovery. Brazil may also be exactly the test case for crossover investors that affirms for them why EM is too volatile a trade.
Listen in to Emerging Money Special Audio Call by logging into account and selecting Emerging Money Global Ideas
- Your first trade for Thursday, September 21Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2017-09-21
- China building world’s first deep sea mining vesselSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-09-21
- 11 foreign military bands to join Nanchang Int’l Military TattooSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-09-21
- Beijing mulls banning fireworks in city properSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-09-21
- China begins to restore 350 kmh bullet trainSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-09-21
- Cheating scandal urges China to improve marathon cultureSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-09-21
- 80% of Chinese adults clueless on contraceptionSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-09-21
- China establishes environmental-capacity alert systemSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-09-20
- Chinese police arrest 118 in scam targeting seniorsSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-09-20
- CPC punishes officials for consuming high-end alcoholSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-09-20
- Xi calls on HK youths to serve HK, countrySource: Xi calls on HK youths to serve HK, countryPublished on 2017-06-30
- Your first trade for Thursday, September 21