All eyes continue on the currency as Russian equities ex-currency are flat. Clearly however, if you are a USD investor and own Ruble based assets in USD you care about the currency and if you think the Ruble is going to 60, hands off buying Lukoil (LUKOY, quote) in ADR form.
Hynix (HXSCL, quote) is the worlds second largest maker of memory chips, and they seem to see what Apple (AAPL, quote) didn’t spell out last night but clearly implied and what Samsung (SSNLF, quote) had no choice but to say: smartphone growth is not what […]
For effectively 5 years Japans 10year benchmark has traded below the 200dma taking with it yields around the world. Japanese institutional investors are one of the biggest groups of investors who influence the flow of large insurance, pension, endowment and municipal allocations.
Silver is yet again at another inflection point. Back on February 29 silver created a trading low that has the silver buys looking to pull the trigger.
Please see the guest post from our friends at EMFM Investor:
By Asif Khan | Published on: February 3, 2016
Editor Note: Foreign exchange fluctuations and macro imbalances have a tremendous impact on stock returns in developing markets, making it essential to anticipate and adjust for these movements. We are pleased to share some insights from a […]
As we begin the final trading day of August and traders begin to focus ahead to the Friday U.S. non-Farm Payroll report gold traders are finding gold continue to remain in the same trading range for the past 4 sessions.
China was off 91bps last night which is a calm night by recent standards. Say what you want about China and the Chinese local market but despite all the volatility and fear the index has actually held the 200dma on the downside.
China’s Shanghai Composite Index dropped like a rock by 8.48% Monday and continued into Tuesday with an intraday low of over 5% before closing down 1.68%.
There is a front page Wall Street Journal article today outlining how Ray Dalio of Bridgewater Associates is changing his view on Chinese investments. Dalio and his team until recently have been proponents of investing selectively across China.
- Migrant people reluctant to leave BeijingSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-09-30
- China marks Martyrs’ Day at Tian’anmen SquareSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-09-30
- Hospital bans use of Apple’s new cell phonesSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-09-30
- New aircraft carrier’s development in ‘orderly progress’Source: China.orgPublished on 2016-09-30
- Subtitle translators detained for copyright infringementSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-09-30
- Baking soda starving cancer cells is misleading: expertsSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-09-30
- Airport faces questions over X-ray screening machinesSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-09-30
- Civil service exam cheaters to face lifetime banSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-09-30
- Two-child China promises better maternity servicesSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-09-30
- Two more telecom fraud suspects surrender to policeSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-09-30
- Traders avoid health care, the worst performer in the S&P 500 on ThursdaySource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-09-29
- Biotech beatdownSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-09-29
- Zika’s travel impactSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-09-29
- Washington double-talk?Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-09-29
- Time to buy the dip?Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-09-29
- Migrant people reluctant to leave Beijing