All eyes continue on the currency as Russian equities ex-currency are flat. Clearly however, if you are a USD investor and own Ruble based assets in USD you care about the currency and if you think the Ruble is going to 60, hands off buying Lukoil (LUKOY, quote) in ADR form.
Hynix (HXSCL, quote) is the worlds second largest maker of memory chips, and they seem to see what Apple (AAPL, quote) didn’t spell out last night but clearly implied and what Samsung (SSNLF, quote) had no choice but to say: smartphone growth is not what […]
Silver is yet again at another inflection point. Back on February 29 silver created a trading low that has the silver buys looking to pull the trigger.
Please see the guest post from our friends at EMFM Investor:
By Asif Khan | Published on: February 3, 2016
Editor Note: Foreign exchange fluctuations and macro imbalances have a tremendous impact on stock returns in developing markets, making it essential to anticipate and adjust for these movements. We are pleased to share some insights from a […]
As we begin the final trading day of August and traders begin to focus ahead to the Friday U.S. non-Farm Payroll report gold traders are finding gold continue to remain in the same trading range for the past 4 sessions.
China was off 91bps last night which is a calm night by recent standards. Say what you want about China and the Chinese local market but despite all the volatility and fear the index has actually held the 200dma on the downside.
China’s Shanghai Composite Index dropped like a rock by 8.48% Monday and continued into Tuesday with an intraday low of over 5% before closing down 1.68%.
There is a front page Wall Street Journal article today outlining how Ray Dalio of Bridgewater Associates is changing his view on Chinese investments. Dalio and his team until recently have been proponents of investing selectively across China.
Emerging Money Audio Call June 30 – Quarter end for equites is a sideshow to Greece and the day after markets plunged around the world. The first -2% move in the SPX in over 120 days yesterday being put into perspective today but not major fall in volatility.
- EFF aiming to double its support in local pollSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-05-31
- 6.2-magnitude quake jolts waters off Taiwan: CENCSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-05-31
- Prosecutors probe former assistant foreign ministerSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-05-31
- Plane hit by powerful lightning in China airportSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-05-31
- China defines bad tourist behaviorSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-05-31
- 66 Chinese herbs listed in European PharmacopoeiaSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-05-31
- Publishing with prestige no longer rareSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-05-31
- Satellite industry raises sights-at least 100 ‘by 2020’Source: China.orgPublished on 2016-05-31
- Reaction mixed to new paid leave rule for single childrenSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-05-31
- Xi sets targets for China’s science, technology masterySource: China.orgPublished on 2016-05-30
- Commission Chooses Late Chechen Leader Kadyrov as Name for St. Petersburg BridgeSource: The Moscow Times – Current IssuePublished on 2016-05-30
- Polish Lieutenant Colonel Gets Six-Year Sentence for Spying for RussiaSource: The Moscow Times – Current IssuePublished on 2016-05-30
- Polish Lieutenant Colonel Gets Six-Year Sentence for Spying for RussiaSource: The Moscow TimesPublished on 2016-05-30
- Juncker to Meet Putin at Russia’s St. Petersburg Economic ForumSource: The Moscow Times – Current IssuePublished on 2016-05-30
- Juncker to Meet Putin at Russia’s St. Petersburg Economic ForumSource: The Moscow TimesPublished on 2016-05-30
- EFF aiming to double its support in local poll