All eyes continue on the currency as Russian equities ex-currency are flat. Clearly however, if you are a USD investor and own Ruble based assets in USD you care about the currency and if you think the Ruble is going to 60, hands off buying Lukoil (LUKOY, quote) in ADR form.
Hynix (HXSCL, quote) is the worlds second largest maker of memory chips, and they seem to see what Apple (AAPL, quote) didn’t spell out last night but clearly implied and what Samsung (SSNLF, quote) had no choice but to say: smartphone growth is not what […]
Silver is yet again at another inflection point. Back on February 29 silver created a trading low that has the silver buys looking to pull the trigger.
Please see the guest post from our friends at EMFM Investor:
By Asif Khan | Published on: February 3, 2016
Editor Note: Foreign exchange fluctuations and macro imbalances have a tremendous impact on stock returns in developing markets, making it essential to anticipate and adjust for these movements. We are pleased to share some insights from a […]
As we begin the final trading day of August and traders begin to focus ahead to the Friday U.S. non-Farm Payroll report gold traders are finding gold continue to remain in the same trading range for the past 4 sessions.
China was off 91bps last night which is a calm night by recent standards. Say what you want about China and the Chinese local market but despite all the volatility and fear the index has actually held the 200dma on the downside.
China’s Shanghai Composite Index dropped like a rock by 8.48% Monday and continued into Tuesday with an intraday low of over 5% before closing down 1.68%.
There is a front page Wall Street Journal article today outlining how Ray Dalio of Bridgewater Associates is changing his view on Chinese investments. Dalio and his team until recently have been proponents of investing selectively across China.
Emerging Money Audio Call June 30 – Quarter end for equites is a sideshow to Greece and the day after markets plunged around the world. The first -2% move in the SPX in over 120 days yesterday being put into perspective today but not major fall in volatility.
- Disfigured victim posts glamor shots onlineSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-08-25
- China reconsiders restrictions on smartphonesSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-08-25
- Expats fear the loss of road signs in EnglishSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-08-25
- Thief receives 2-month detention for stealing bananaSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-08-25
- Ancient rock carvings give way as flooding hits parkSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-08-25
- A virtual vision of Shanghai lures NYSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-08-25
- Abandoned baby sea lion fed by human fatherSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-08-25
- More polluters punished under tougher regulationSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-08-25
- China’s middle class highly anxious: reportSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-08-25
- China issues regulation to tighten cyber securitySource: China.orgPublished on 2016-08-25
- Final Trade: ABX, AAPL, FINL & WDAYSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-08-24
- Tesla investor on bond buySource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-08-24
- John Sculley on Apple’s next stepsSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-08-24
- Sculley: I’d grade Tim Cook A++Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-08-24
- The market’s cash kingsSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-08-24
- Disfigured victim posts glamor shots online