All eyes continue on the currency as Russian equities ex-currency are flat. Clearly however, if you are a USD investor and own Ruble based assets in USD you care about the currency and if you think the Ruble is going to 60, hands off buying Lukoil (LUKOY, quote) in ADR form.
Hynix (HXSCL, quote) is the worlds second largest maker of memory chips, and they seem to see what Apple (AAPL, quote) didn’t spell out last night but clearly implied and what Samsung (SSNLF, quote) had no choice but to say: smartphone growth is not what […]
American Depository Receipts (ADR)
American Depository Receipts (ADRs) are securities listed on an American exchange in United States dollars that represent shares in a foreign company.
See “What is an ADR anyway?“
Arbitrage is the buying and selling […]
I’ve been harping on European equities since late December. I have been right. But guess what, things have gotten even more lopsided in favor of EU allocations. If you are buying today, you don’t have the last 15 big figures lower in the Euro (or 12%) working against your USD based investment.
This morning’s price action in natural gas dropped over 4% despite last week’s draw of 228 billion cubic feet against analysts’ expectations of 222 billion cubic feet and 144 cubic feet the prior year.
In early trading gold bugs are pushing the shiny metal slightly higher above the $1,200 level.
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call February 17 – On the call today we address a small pullback in commodity prices while looking at the dollar index stalling at 95 and given more reason to believe young currencies can build on a recent constructive price pattern.
Yeah we know that commodities are suffering with a Strong U.S. Dollar, no China bid, oversupply… Tell me what I don’t know.
Happy New Year to all our Emerging Money Friends!
- Health official nabbed in Beijing over prostitutionSource: China.orgPublished on 2015-05-27
- The Big Read: Nuke heist blows us awaySource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2015-05-27
- Voters hold the winning hand, but will they play it?Source: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2015-05-27
- Officials drive heavy-duty contemptSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2015-05-27
- Bin Laden and the bogeymanSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2015-05-27
- Source: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2015-05-27
- Safety watchdog probes fatal fire in nursing homeSource: China.orgPublished on 2015-05-26
- President Xi stresses farmland protectionSource: China.orgPublished on 2015-05-26
- 4 trades ahead of big retail earningsSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-05-26
- Your first trade for Wednesday, May 27Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-05-26
- Fast Money Final Trade: EUO, BMY & moreSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-05-26
- SFX Entertainment goes privateSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-05-26
- Stock Pops & Drops: AZN, FSLR, TTM & SHLDSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-05-26
- Dollar wrecking ballSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-05-26
- Take your position: Costco, Kors & TiffanySource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-05-26
- Health official nabbed in Beijing over prostitution