All eyes continue on the currency as Russian equities ex-currency are flat. Clearly however, if you are a USD investor and own Ruble based assets in USD you care about the currency and if you think the Ruble is going to 60, hands off buying Lukoil (LUKOY, quote) in ADR form.
Hynix (HXSCL, quote) is the worlds second largest maker of memory chips, and they seem to see what Apple (AAPL, quote) didn’t spell out last night but clearly implied and what Samsung (SSNLF, quote) had no choice but to say: smartphone growth is not what […]
Emerging Money Audio Call June 30 – Quarter end for equites is a sideshow to Greece and the day after markets plunged around the world. The first -2% move in the SPX in over 120 days yesterday being put into perspective today but not major fall in volatility.
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call June 18 – On the call the day after the Fed not surprisingly has seen follow through on currency and macro that signals more comfort on the pace and extent of Fed rate moves in 2015.
The Fed walked a tightrope once again yesterday and today’s economic data missed slightly with May’s Core CPI at of 1.7% down from April’s 1.8% but we did see an improvement in Initial Jobs Claims down 12k to 267k.
Analyst are looking towards tonight’s China numbers as more evidence of a Chinese slowdown. But what is Dr. Copper whispering?
American Depository Receipts (ADR)
American Depository Receipts (ADRs) are securities listed on an American exchange in United States dollars that represent shares in a foreign company.
See “What is an ADR anyway?“
Arbitrage is the buying and selling […]
I’ve been harping on European equities since late December. I have been right. But guess what, things have gotten even more lopsided in favor of EU allocations. If you are buying today, you don’t have the last 15 big figures lower in the Euro (or 12%) working against your USD based investment.
This morning’s price action in natural gas dropped over 4% despite last week’s draw of 228 billion cubic feet against analysts’ expectations of 222 billion cubic feet and 144 cubic feet the prior year.
- Goose that lays the golden eggs is being starved to deathSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2015-07-02
- The Big Read: When African solutions failSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2015-07-02
- Enough tyranny, for Pete’s sakeSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2015-07-02
- Yankee dogs will love thisSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2015-07-02
- Socially acceptable: 5 Internet stocks to buySource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-07-01
- Your first trade for Thursday, July 2Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-07-01
- Fast Money Final Trade: AAPL, MCD, TLT & LVSSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-07-01
- The odd jobs reportSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-07-01
- Is China the real threat?Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-07-01
- What’s ahead for social?Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-07-01
- PayPal buys Xoom for $25/ share in cashSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-07-01
- Tech breakout stocksSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-07-01
- Not-so-Golden ArchesSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-07-01
- Fast Money’s absolutely unofficial fast food surveySource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-07-01
- TheaterSource: The Moscow Times – Current IssuePublished on 2015-07-01
- Goose that lays the golden eggs is being starved to death