All eyes continue on the currency as Russian equities ex-currency are flat. Clearly however, if you are a USD investor and own Ruble based assets in USD you care about the currency and if you think the Ruble is going to 60, hands off buying Lukoil (LUKOY, quote) in ADR form.
Hynix (HXSCL, quote) is the worlds second largest maker of memory chips, and they seem to see what Apple (AAPL, quote) didn’t spell out last night but clearly implied and what Samsung (SSNLF, quote) had no choice but to say: smartphone growth is not what […]
China was off 91bps last night which is a calm night by recent standards. Say what you want about China and the Chinese local market but despite all the volatility and fear the index has actually held the 200dma on the downside.
China’s Shanghai Composite Index dropped like a rock by 8.48% Monday and continued into Tuesday with an intraday low of over 5% before closing down 1.68%.
There is a front page Wall Street Journal article today outlining how Ray Dalio of Bridgewater Associates is changing his view on Chinese investments. Dalio and his team until recently have been proponents of investing selectively across China.
Emerging Money Audio Call June 30 – Quarter end for equites is a sideshow to Greece and the day after markets plunged around the world. The first -2% move in the SPX in over 120 days yesterday being put into perspective today but not major fall in volatility.
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call June 18 – On the call the day after the Fed not surprisingly has seen follow through on currency and macro that signals more comfort on the pace and extent of Fed rate moves in 2015.
The Fed walked a tightrope once again yesterday and today’s economic data missed slightly with May’s Core CPI at of 1.7% down from April’s 1.8% but we did see an improvement in Initial Jobs Claims down 12k to 267k.
Analyst are looking towards tonight’s China numbers as more evidence of a Chinese slowdown. But what is Dr. Copper whispering?
- Some foreign leaders’ absence ‘understandable’Source: China.orgPublished on 2015-08-29
- Guangzhou schools to teach about financial investmentSource: China.orgPublished on 2015-08-29
- Veteran builds memorial hall to honor sacrifices of northeast forcesSource: China.orgPublished on 2015-08-29
- More Chinese travel overseasSource: China.orgPublished on 2015-08-29
- Tibetans prepare to honor 50th anniversary of autonomySource: China.orgPublished on 2015-08-29
- Stocks to trade if Fed raises interest ratesSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-08-28
- Your first look for Monday, August 31Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-08-28
- Fast Money final trade: TWTR, euro & HYGSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-08-28
- Follow Icahn into Freeport?Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-08-28
- Ballmer vs. the bundleSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-08-28
- Dangerous signs from the S&P 500Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-08-28
- Stocks to trade if the Fed raises ratesSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-08-28
- Worst over for oil?Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2015-08-28
- Surprise omissions in Springbok rugby World Cup squadSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2015-08-28
- Key Apple music exec steps downSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2015-08-28
- Some foreign leaders’ absence ‘understandable’