China: Tell me what I don’t know. Casual China players are focused on last night’s PMI and were focused on recent flash PMI 2 weeks (47.1 and subsequent 3.1% fall in the SPX) ago in ways they have never before because someone erroneously told them to connect the dots between the struggling stock market and […]
Emerging Money’s Tim Seymour helped subscriber navigate one the most volatile weeks in history.
EMMI – Emerging Money Multinational Index
Today I feel it’s important to repeat the same things we have emphasized over the last few weeks on rates and the currency moves.
Last night on CNBC’s Fast Money my “Final Trade” was to sell the TBT ETF which is a play on the long end of the US Bond market. A long position in the TBT is a bet that rates will move higher. My call was that rates have come too far too fast. No way […]
Start making tomorrow’s trades Today. Already a member…Login Here
Access to Emerging Money’s™ Premium Content provides the latest in Global and Emerging Markets analysis and coverage. Our insight is intended to empower and guide investors who have experience investing in global and emerging markets as well as those who are not […]
After missing on revenues Alibaba (BABA, quote) is taking a beating that comes when expectations are high. But is the multiple? At current pricing on E’16 BABA trades around 25X EBITDA or a major discount to Amazon.
Looking at the chart below we find the price for the emerging market ETF – EEM on its own outright and on the spread against the SPY ETF. The later we often refer to as the “EM/DM Spread”.
All eyes continue on the currency as Russian equities ex-currency are flat. Clearly however, if you are a USD investor and own Ruble based assets in USD you care about the currency and if you think the Ruble is going to 60, hands off buying Lukoil (LUKOY, quote) in ADR form.
- Chinese Premier vows to deepen reformsSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-02-06
- Tianjin blast probe suggests action against 123 peopleSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-02-06
- Chinese naval fleet returns from escort missionsSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-02-06
- Twitter suspends 125,000 terrorism-related accountsSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-02-06
- Employees receive live pigs as New Year’s bonusSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-02-06
- Anti-smoking volunteers assaulted in BeijingSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-02-05
- Fireworks explosion kills 8 in SW ChinaSource: China.orgPublished on 2016-02-05
- Record-high travel expected during Spring Festival holidaySource: China.orgPublished on 2016-02-05
- 3 trades to watch as stock pain continuesSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-02-05
- Fast Money’s surprise Super Bowl adSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-02-05
- Lions Gate earnings plummet, Vice chairman reactsSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-02-05
- Nene quits as an ANC MPSource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-02-05
- 3 safe trades in today’s marketSource: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-02-05
- Key levels to watch in the S&P 500Source: Fast MoneyPublished on 2016-02-05
- Another #blackface controversy hits Stellenbosch UniversitySource: South Africa Times Live – newsPublished on 2016-02-05
- Chinese Premier vows to deepen reforms