Emerging Money Daily Audio Call October 19 – How many more references do we need to the 30 year anniversary of the 1987 stock crash today?
With Emerging Market equities on a tear and outperforming the worlds developed market equity markets by a significant margin YTD (+1470bps to the SPX), they are suddenly target of the bears who argue this is just a bounce from oversold conditions.
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call September 8 – As we recap the week and look to next week, markets remain caught between earnings season and political footballs in Washington and in Korea.
Casual observers and investors in EM occasionally jump in and out of themes and often this is exactly how to trade EM successfully. Those of us who are dedicated to the asset class and have invested in it through multiple cycles may get too close to the fire, and miss trading signals that demand a […]
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call May 19 – Was the volatility spike of midweek a change in character for markets, or will the resiliency of the market which is routed more in confidence rather than substance remain the norm?
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call April 24 – French elections deliver the perfect outcome for markets and we ask the question whether European politics are the norm or the exception to the USA and other parts of the world?
As the momentum in the economy inspired by the elections joined forces with real inflation growth we started to see TIPS( Treasury Inflation Protected Securities) go through some selling exhaustion and this could be a good sign for Rates, and Banks.
Emerging Money Daily Audio Call November 17 – Yesterday’s comment was “Trump on Trump off?”…today it’s another Trump ON day and the Dollar has to be the story with a 13yr high reached after a 2yr fight to break 100 on the DXY.
Chinese export data last night was not good (10% v -3%, and -2.8%) but is this really the stuff of market risk off? With equities gapping lower, and vol +8% the reaction for markets is one we find puzzling.
- Xinjiang to make free high school universalSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-11-20
- Shanghai hospital banks breast milkSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-11-20
- Lack of drone rules raises concernsSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-11-20
- Chinese retiree becomes model ship masterSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-11-20
- Alibaba wins case over fake reviews, salesSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-11-20
- China plans to install, upgrade 64,000 toilets at tourist sitesSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-11-20
- Unique quarry hotel starts to take shapeSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-11-20
- Law curtails unfair app competitionSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-11-20
- Tibetans celebrate New Year after strong earthquakeSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-11-20
- Authority investigates TB outbreakSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-11-20
- Xi calls on HK youths to serve HK, countrySource: Xi calls on HK youths to serve HK, countryPublished on 2017-06-30
- Xinjiang to make free high school universal