Please see the guest post from our friends at EMFM Investor:
By Asif Khan | Published on: February 3, 2016
Editor Note: Foreign exchange fluctuations and macro imbalances have a tremendous impact on stock returns in developing markets, making it essential to anticipate and adjust for these movements. We are pleased to share some insights from a […]
CNBC’s Dominic Chu reports on stocks that lost and capitalized on big market swings as the Dow heads towards 18,000.
Last night, China printed 48.3 on the HSBC Flash PMI, but don’t tell U.S. corporations who call China a major market that China is slowing.
Nasdaq BioTech Index led to the move lower for all stocks.
S&P is having its fourth worst day of the year (-1.6%), but Emerging Markets only down 40bps.
Last night after the bell, Brazil’s Long Term Foreign Currency Rating was downgraded to BBB- from BBB citing fiscal issues and deteriorating policy momentum.
MICEX FUTURES LIMIT DOWN: As we indicated last night market would open down 10% but then margin calls would settle in.
China Internet Index (EMCHI) off another -4% today with the escalation of risk in markets and still no resolution on the accounting issues that are front and center.
EM down 5% since the surprise China PMI contracting print.
We have chronicled the structural condition of the Australian Dollar for 9 months on EmergingMoney.com pointing out that a combination of weaker Chinese commodity demand and local interest rate policy (driven by China’s impact on the economy) were going to pressure the Aussie to multiyear lows.
- Shanghai phone booths get new literary lease of lifeSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-21
- For visually impaired, Braille no longer kingSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-21
- Media leaders stress new technology roleSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-21
- Savior of strays runs animal farmSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-21
- Smuggling suspect returned to ChinaSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-21
- Women diagnosed with breast cancer at younger ageSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-21
- China restores ecosystem along its longest inland riverSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-21
- Loose management behind fatal coal mine accidentSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-21
- Book highlights Xi’s seven years in Shaanxi villageSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-21
- Need a bodyguard? App is comingSource: China.orgPublished on 2017-08-21
- Xi calls on HK youths to serve HK, countrySource: Xi calls on HK youths to serve HK, countryPublished on 2017-06-30
- Shanghai phone booths get new literary lease of life